cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfomance Tuning for ST02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a SAP system running on ECC 6.0 , os is Windows 2003 and DB is MSSQL. I checked

in st02 and found that there are many number of Swaps happening in the system . Iam aware that

we need to tweak some memory parameters, but wanted to know what are all the things which i

need to keep in mind before i go ahead and change any profile parameters.

Roll area is 60 ,000 KB

Page Area 32, 000 KB

Heap Memory is 102, 935 and current usage is 0 for them.

Any inputs would be appreciated

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be carefull that in ST02 data is cumulative so if you restart SAP system, swaps will not show that high so for a better reference use Hit Ratio, most of them should be over 98% so if they are high enough don´t worry, sometimes if for example exp/imp or initial records is not frequently used this hit ratio will show with a low number but this is normal as hit ratio is calculated throught the use so if not used a lot the % is low, so you cannot belive in that particular number.

I´m not sure if this is your case but better look for Hit Ratio not for swap, to give you and idea the installation that I´m working on right now has lots of swap but hit ratio is over 99% in the important aspects.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just want to add something:

Keep in mind that the address space on 32bit Windows is limited to 2 GB (3 GB if you have switched the boot option on) - so all buffers together must not exceed that limit, otherwise you will get TSV_MEMORY* dumps.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in ST02 itself click on current parameters which shows the parameters related to all the buffer area and memory area and you need to adjust those things.

Check the total swap space in the system, you need to increase the total swap space in system and then accordingly the parameters, for exapmle If you had 100MB set and swaps heppaning around 80 objects then increase it to 200MB (this was just an example) and if not sure increase the size by another 60% and see the performance.

But few swaps in system are agreeble.

regards...