cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM port reader function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have weighbridge to get the weight of the lorry/truck when comes in or goes out.

The continuous reading of weight is comming in PC through searial cable through COM port. so electronic data is available continously.

To automize the system in SAP, we need to have function which reads data (the weight) coming from COM port.

What could be done?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member290897
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

on a similar question a few days ago in this forum i gave this answer:

As i know there is at least no specified interface in the Netweaver for this.

But you could retreive this kind of information via building a little C-program (or C++) program which connects to the com port and link it via librfc (if on ABAP level) to the SAP system.

Have Fun,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

Can you help me out by sending some more details or any available documentation on the above.?

Regards

Saikat Halder

former_member290897
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saikat,

there is a lot of documentation available in the internet (search via your favorite search engine) on how to access the serial port. The sequence in your case (if i understood it the right way) would be the following:

- read the data which comes in from the serial port

- may be reformat the data so it can be put into the SAP system

- figure out which BAPI is the suitable. I searched for weight on http://help.sap.com and found e.g. the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/48/0a67ac396b11d5b3b70050dadf5b2f/frameset.htm

- call the appropriate BAPI function with the suitable parameters which the put the data into the SAP system.

Hope this helps you a bit on your project.

Best regards,

Juergen Bierlein

Former Member
0 Kudos

your link is giving page error. Please post correct link. I am also facing same problem. I am unable to capture data from serial port of a pc using abap.

Please help me in this regard.

Rana

Answers (0)