Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between ABAP systems

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has asked me the possibility of configuring SSO between two ABAP systems (issuing system will be a BI 7.0 ABAP system and accepting system the ERP2004 ABAP backend system). What they want to do is to login to Bex Analyzer via SAPGUI (with the BW system login and password) and from there, using an RFC that points to the ERP2004 system to connect to the ERP2004 system without login and password. At the moment, when they try to do this, a sapgui for windows prompt comes up asking them to login in the ERP2004 system

I believe that this is not possible unless an external authentication program like Kerberos is used with SNC. Could you please confirm this thought

Also, is there a way to achieve this by setting up trust between the BW and the ERP system ( make the BW system a trusted system to ERP2004 backend)

Many thanks

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I believe that this is not possible unless an external authentication program like Kerberos is used with SNC. Could you please confirm this thought

Yes, I can confirm this thought. When you use SNC to authenticate to SAP ABAP AS, the same credentials would be used for the BW system and for the BI system, and user would be able to access either without any need to re-authenticate. Also, using SNC means that the user gets an SSO experience, which they might like

1 REPLY 1

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I believe that this is not possible unless an external authentication program like Kerberos is used with SNC. Could you please confirm this thought

Yes, I can confirm this thought. When you use SNC to authenticate to SAP ABAP AS, the same credentials would be used for the BW system and for the BI system, and user would be able to access either without any need to re-authenticate. Also, using SNC means that the user gets an SSO experience, which they might like