cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Group restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to restrict user to access documents with help of Authorization Group field in DIR.

But, problem is client required this Auth. Group field as selection field and not as an entry field available in standard DMS.

How to provide selection list to user for Auth. Group field. With BADI & SAP Access Key possible but not useful in my case because of some client side restrictions.

Can SAP Moderator guide me, why SAP chose not to offer a drop down on Authorization Group field with a user selectable list option? Also not even gave chance to consultant to do configuration for such a critical field.

Thx in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

Although it will be used by other transactions, it only means that if somebody presses F4 in all those transactions, these entries will be visible. If I look at it from your requirement, it should not be a problem.

I think you can implement it in your sandbox system and test how it works with respect to your functionality and other transactions. Also make sure that you have a proper back up plan, when you implement it,

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my suggestion is, u create role and assign that role to users u want.

then in roles only u can maintain document type for the required users.

for that u have to go to transction PFCG. here u can create role. after creating role

then u select authortization tab, in which there in activity types u can define documents.

thanks

Amit

note: award points for useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAM,

Two possibilities

1. You can mention a value range by editing the data element BEGRU through transaction Se 11. However you need to get the access key to do this. If you maintain the value range, you will get it as a select option in the DIR transaction.

2. You can probably create a field exit on this field to create an F4 help.

I will go for option1, if I were to program this,

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sojan,

It is possible to maintain value range by editing the data element BEGRU through transaction Se 11. but problem is, this data element is affecting around 97 connected fields other than our used field. so, do you really think it will work with SAP Access Key?.

thx..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check my Wiki on the same.

If you need any more info, get back

Link: [Authorization group|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/UsingAuthorizationGroupfieldin+DMS]

And if you want to activate dropdown F4 then check this wiki:

Link: [F4 for auth group|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/F4forAuthorization+group]

Niranjan

points welcome for useful info

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Dec 12, 2008 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i allready read your wiki before posting this question. i am working on the same and looking for better solution from SAP than that of you mentioned in wiki.

but anyway thanks & your points are awarded as well.