cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage in Item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Gurus,

I am a new entrant into the world of SAP.I have lots of querries.Here I am starting with one of them.

What does USAGE mean in the ITEM CATAGORY determination in a sales documment.Could somebody explain bit clearly.

Thanks in advance

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

Go through this thread it will help you about Usage in the item category determination

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The item usage in the determination will determine how the material has to behave in certain situation like for batch split - chsp and cross selling - csel, automatic free goods we use FREE and in material determination for product selection we use psa1 psa2

Thank you

Suresh. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

As an add-on to what has been already written, I just want to comment that in the Direct Store Delivery module (LE-DSD), usage is absolutely critical to automatically generate the correction sales order items in the sales order.

Depending of the type of sales in the RADB (auto-sales, more quantity, less quantity, returns, etc.) a specific usage is determined in DSD Customizing and then an item category in SD through standard item category determination (T184) where usage is a key field.

Best Regards,

Franck

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya

The feild USAGE will determine the Higher level item category and generally the USAGE feild is used when we use Free goods , BOM, and other concepts .

Because the behaviour of the item category will be different when we maintain USAGE feild

Once the behaviour of the sales item category changes then the sales order flow may also change

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya

The Item usage is set internally in the ABAP programme in some cases like TEXT and FREE items entered in the sales order and this will also help in item category determination.

Thanks

Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The item usage indicator controls the system reaction when you process a sales document item in a certain context.

This indicator can be used for determination of item categories, where you can use it to control which other item categories are to be found in a certain environment (text items and packing items, for example).

It can also control which items are to be billed in a service quotation or the corresponding sales order and which are only there for statistical reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Item usage

The item usage indicator controls the system reaction when you process a sales document item in a certain context.

The item category usages which control the usage of an item. Item category usage controls, for example, the system response if during document processing an item does not refer toa material but to a text item. Item category usage can also be maintained via the item categories (detail screen for item categories)

Use

This indicator can be used for determination of item categories, where you can use it to control which other item categories are to be found in a certain environment (text items and packing items, for example).

It can also control which items are to be billed in a service quotation or the corresponding sales order and which are only there for statistical reasons.

Thanks!

Preethi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Usage i an information that is present in the system(comes with SAP installation) which has certain ABAP routines written for it

These control the item category on the basis WHAT the material is doing in the document

E.g Usually the material which is a normal material which is deliverable undergoes the process of picking and pgi

If the usage is set as PSA1 it becomes a service itemwith delivery of item category TAX which allows you to do goods issue without picking

The usage is defined by SAP and is hard coded in the programs. Although there is a place to enter new entries it does not work.

Example is batch determination. If batch determination is active then the usage is set as CHSP and when a transaction is processed the item category is determined using the usage CHSP along with other parameters. You can come to the conclusion that the USage is used only in certain business Scenarios.

Hope it is clear to you

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 11, 2008 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item category gets determined on the basis of USASE also

In customer material info you can use that USAGE again

when a particular customer will place an order the third party process will take place.....

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain more abot it....I did not get it...

regards

Satya