cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Windows COM-Objects from UNIX-Netweaver Java-Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a difficult problem. Does anybody give me a hint how to access a com-object on a windows server (Windows 2003 Server, 32 Bit) from a Java-Bean on my Netweaver CE 7.1 Server running on Unix (64 Bit)?

When running NW CE 7.1 on a Windows 32-Bit Server (Developer Edition) i could use the COM4J Java-Bridge for locally accessing the com-object.

There is no real workaround for the com-object and the problem is real critical because the com-object access a tool which converts cad-drawings into order positions.

Any hints or tipps are welcome

regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Found solution myself.

Used Java-Com-Bridge on the Server who hosts the com-object. And for communication between my Netweaver-Server (Unix) from an EJB to the Windows-Server with the com-object i used java-RMI. So the NW-EJB uses an RMI-Client to connect to the Windows-Server, which implemented an Class which is exported to RMI and which uses the java-com-bridge to use the com-object.

works fine so far. com-bridge used is com4j

regards

matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have corba support for this com object?

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i spoke to the developers. The COM-Object was developed with C#. The object itselfs realizes access to the application we need to call. As the developers say it has NO corba support.

regards

Matthias