cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use DB13 on a distribute system

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We install SAP R3 enterprise 4.7 SR1 as distribute system on 3 different windows 2003 server, Central Instance , Database Instance and Dialog Instance. As I understood, we need to use sm59 to setup the RFC destination so that DB13 can work well.

So I manually create a RFC destination SAPXPG_DBDEST_DB01 and only test successfully after I install a new dialog instance on database server and connect to this dialog instance. I tried to create SAPOSCOL_DB01 with the folow parame

Connect Type : T

Activition Type: Explicit

Program: saposcol

target: db01 ( db01 could be resolved to IP address and ping well)

but the test is unsucessful.

when I run db13 to backup, it looks the brbackup run on the central instance not on the database instance.

Any one can help to handle this problem or give me some notes about a distribute system RFC setting?

Your kindly help will be appreciated!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is not any relation of saposcol program to database backup. as per my understanding, this program is used to collect the data, for database backup from DB13 program sapxpg should be called, so check the SM59 that the connection of this program is working properly or not.

Sap Note : 446172

Regards

Subhash

Edited by: Subhash Chandra on Dec 11, 2008 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks so much for your reply. After read the related notes, All is working well !

Regards,