cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide variant configuration screen in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Could you please help : how to hide variant configuration screen in sales order for a configured material

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The very purpose of VARIANT CONFIGURATION is to for this material these are the characteristics available

In this you choose one characteristic then these are the values available

If you make a choice then this is the price

Means Maruthi car is the product

Say 800

Alto

Zen

These are characteristics

In this you choose say black, cherry red, white these are the values

When you put a sales order for Maruthi car then if it is 800 black colour then price is X

if it is 800 white colour then price is y

So that according to the choice of the customer the pricing and other details are fetched

Why do you want to defeat the very purpose of VARIANT CONFIGURATION

Rather than listing out of the whole product list the system simplifies the thing

Without that popup variant configuration is meaningless

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 11, 2008 3:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am aware of the objective of VC.

But my requirement is quite different for which i need to hide those (VC pop up) , so that i will use the same in the production order not on the sales order. So requirement is how to avoid the pop up in the sales order. As far as the simple example of VC you have given , this scenario is quite different where i need characteristics explosion in a super multi level like nuclear proliferation for lakhs of components that i cannnot describe here.

However thanks for your response.

So any idea is most welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try to have a reference characteristic to VBAP-<whatever field name is always in a sales item>

Then write Object Dependencies and "invisible" dependency code based on this.

If it has a value, you are in a sales doc. If it does not, you are in the production order (or elsewhere)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No rajan it is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any valuable idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible. There's no such setting in the configurable profile that would allow to skip that step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Dear.

can we restrict from viewing & changing the characteristics with respect to class via authorization?

Let me explain clearly :

We will create 2 classes with respective characteristics maintained within this.

Now we want 1 user should be able to view / maintain 1 class & anther user should be able to view / maintain the other one. Is it possible.