cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Deliver Data Dictionary Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Data Dictionary DC and defined some tables. Some of these tables hold data which are used to populate drop down lists in my WD application.

It is easy to deliver a WD components and DDIC structure - just deploy the SCA. But I also need to deliver pre-configured data in some of the tables. How do we do this?

Also, how does one transport data from a development system to a production system?

Thanks,

Walter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>Some of these tables hold data which are used to populate drop down lists in my WD application.

Hello Walter,

I think you should be using Simple Types with enumerations. It is easy to use them with web dynpro to fill Dropdowns. Also the internationalization part would be easier to handle if this is required.

Kind regards

Matthias

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be Some migration utility which Transfer the Dev data to some file like Excel or XML,... and which can be run on Prod system to transfer the Data in DataDictionary Tables.

Also Many data bases provides utility to Export and import Table data in certain files at DB level.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot use database "Export" and "Import" since I cannot assume which DBMS the customer uses for their NetWeaver installation.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is possible with creating dictionary DC and transport using NWDI.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ded11778-0801-0010-258f-ac3b9408...

check for other alternatives.....

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter kahn,

In my knowledge, by deploying you cannot move the data into production server.

You have to prepare queries (insert) with the initial data and run the same in the production database to load the initial data.

Regards,

VJR.