Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize via email ?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have noticed that the messages that the SRM send to the authorizators include a feature for authorize via email.

How does it work ?

I get a error message because the wf-batch users doesnt have a valid email account, so I put a valid email there.. but.. now what ? =( When I click that link it seems to be like a "mailto" link.

How does this feature work ?

Thank you !!!

Kind regareds,

diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I am not fully sure about the feature you mention but here is what i think it is :

As of Release SRM 5.0, you can process the approval e-mail (sent by an approver from Outlook to the SRM system) directly in the SAPConnect inbound processing.

If the corresponding settings are not maintained or if any problems occurred during the e-mail processing, the e-mails should be forwarded to the inbox of a certain user and processed there using the RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL report.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Emails adress must be the same for Wf-batch* (su01 tcode) and the outlook mail send back to SRM (mailto:). Checks done in RBBP_OFFLINE_APPROVAL.

• If this user runs report RSW...FLEC.

Regards,

Bertrand

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok guys,

Bertrand, let me review the process I should follow:

1. Create an outlook account for SRM Admin guy

2. Put that email account in the user WF-BATCH

3. The job RWS...FLEC should be scheduled with WF-BATCH user

After this, authorizators would be able to authorize Shopping Carts via email ?

Is it right ? 😃

Thank you !!!

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

diego,

1. Approver receive an email from (wf-batch) wf-batch@<server>.com

2. When approver click on "approve" or "reject" button the email adress must be wf-batch@<server>.com

Pierre will confirm or not this

Bertrand

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

What else should we do in order to enable this authorization by mail ?

Right now, this isnt working... =(

I have a doubt, my SRM server should be configured with this domain: <server>.com ?

Where can I get more information in order to accomplish this ? =(

Thank you.

REgards,

Diego

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Many things to adjust to enable the offline validation:

First on SRM side, for the approver who to receive workitem by mail, set the attribute "forward workitem" to "X". Ensure he got a mail adress and default communication method set to "email" (INT is the internalm code).

Run RSWUWFMLEC with option "one mail per workitem". Depending on realease, there is an option in the report to definbe the return mail mail adress, it should correspond to the mail address of the user wf-batch.

In the user wf-batch setting: set a correct mail addres and ensure that NO default communication method is set. The field should be blank.

Customize Sapconnect to send mail.

If you got a WAS, active the node, Sapconnect.

Now The mail should go in the outlook inbox of the manager. Approving or rejecting consist in sending a mail back to wf-batch in srm. Ensure that SRM can receive mail from outside. Check this point with basis/system people

If response mails comes in the wf-batch sap inbox, it is almost done. You only have to schedule the report RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL that have to be executed with the name of wf-batch (this report read the sap inbox of the user who is executing the report).

In this report, select "check user" so that a check will be made on the approver mail address. If not check, workitem will be approved by wf-batch.

A trick: to test the return mails. You can either set wf-bacth as a dialog user, so simply check his inbox and execute the rbbp_offline or Define a auto forwarding of mails from wf-batch to a dialog user (if you choose this otion, keep the otion "leave message in inbox").

I guess too you are in a test system. So be carefull that the mail address of the approver is unique ! The option "check user" in rbbp offline use the sending mail address to check the user ...

Good luck

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

thks pierre

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Man.. thats a very nice explanation !!! 😃 Thanks a lot Pierre !!!

Regards,

Diego

Answers (0)