SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admission Audit Run

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael, I thought let me explain you the admission audit process which i am following.

1. Create Admission Application.

2. Create/Execute admission

At this step i recieve 3 error messages which are as follows:

a) Open assessment process

b) An assessment process already exists for the student.

c) Audit is not complete.

3. After running the assessment process(PIQRVALM) for student, first two error messages got resolveed.

4.To resolve the 3rd error message i run Audit (Process-Dependent) PIQAUD_MP_CP with following parameters.

Processing Type >> Generate Requirement Profile

Audit Type >> Admission Audit

Process Part >> Completion of Process

Reqmt Profile Type >> Official Profile

Upon executing the above parameters the process result is comes as Object is not relevant.

If i take Processing Type >> Perform Audit with same parameters result is different i.e. Object Processed.

4. As final step, executed all the steps described you (refer the message trail from another thread).

Now my questions are:

Why i am not been able to run the Audit in Process Independent Mode?

Why system is not generating and requirement profile? (Even though if i assign RPT to student file manually, the result remains the same)

Why requirements screen in 'Audit Details' is blank?

Did i miss anything in customization?

I checked and compared the tutorials available with my customization and it seems OK.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

Re: Admission Audit Run (Action is not possible; function not released yet)

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 1:22 PM in response to: Vinod Kumar E-mail this message Reply

Admissions audit views are a little different from degree audit. The degree audit BSPs are not supposed to be used for admissions audit, actually. To see the admissions audit in the student file, you need to do the following:

Create an admissions record: at this time a requirement profile is automatically generated for the program of study, as long as your program has been defined as 'Use Assessments'.

In the student file, go to the admissions tab and look for the icon that represents 'Audit Details'. (It looks like the icon for 'syntax check' in ABAP). Click on that.

Now you are taken to a screen where you can see the admissions audit profile for the student. Execute the audit there, and you will see the list of checkboxes and results.

There are also Web Dynpro applications delivered in EhP3 around providing other views of admissions audit results. Please consult the admissions cookbooks for that information.

Michael

Vinod Kumar

Forum Points: 4

Re: Admission Audit Run (Action is not possible; function not released yet)

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 7:09 AM in response to: Michael Fan Edit E-mail this message Reply

Dear Michael,

Thanks for such a beautiful and elaborative answer. Please read my comments on the points you discussed :

Create an admissions record: at this time a requirement profile is automatically generated for the program of study, as long as your program has been defined as 'Use Assessments'.

Yes its generating a requirement profile automatically as soon as admission record is created.

In the student file, go to the admissions tab and look for the icon that represents 'Audit Details'. (It looks like the icon for 'syntax check' in ABAP). Click on that.

On Clicking 'Audit Details' icon it leads to another screen which contains all information like Admission application data but requirements section is blank.

Now you are taken to a screen where you can see the admissions audit profile for the student. Execute the audit there, and you will see the list of checkboxes and results.

The requirement screen is blank. No error message.

Though i maintained the Requirement Profiles and RPT as per Cookbooks.

I want to upload the screen shots of Requirement Profiles and RPT. Please let me know how to upload screen shots in SDN.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

Edited by: Vinod Kumar on Dec 11, 2008 11:36 AM

14 REPLIES 14

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinod,

It seems to me that something is not configured properly with your process, because you seem to be going through some unnecessary steps.

First, you should not have to do anything with assessment processes except to create an assessment object for the program of study (in an admission context). Then, you just need to edit the sessions of offering for the assessment to include the admissions period you are trying to use.

Then, when you create the admissions record, the assessment process is automatically created for the student. Additionally, the Requirement Profile is also automatically created. If you find these to be manual tasks, then the setup is not right.

A few questions for you:

Are you using Templates, or are you using dynamic profile generation?

Did you assign an Assessment object and a Requirement Catalog to the Program of Study?

Michael

P.S. When you create yor post, you should be able to just 'Attach Files' right under the editor textbox.

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using the Templates and dont know how to configure dynamic profile generation.

Secondly yes i have assigned an Assessment object and a Requirement Catalog to the Program of Study.

I have assigned Audit Type, Requirement Catalog, Catalog Version to Program of study. Also i have activated the Main Catalogue and Use Templates buttons.

Above settings are done as per audit cookbook. If i am not wrong process dependent audit requires an assessment. Have already set "Use Assessment" button in Program data tab page in Program of study. May be i am bit confused as i am learning this on self study basis. Could you let me know whether Admission Audit should use assessment or not? And is Admission audit comes under process dependent or process independent category?

Upon further investigation i found that, the parent table PIQDBAUDF is having the AUDF_ID(Requirement Profile Identifier (ID)). but not inserting the same value in

1) PIQDBAUDF_STRU1 ( Requirements of Requirement Profiles)

2) PIQDBAUDF_STRU2 ( Subrequirements of Requirement Profiles).

Could you please let me know where we are going wrong with settings/configuration or do we need to implement any OSS Note. if so please do let us know.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I am unable to view attchment icon in my editor.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

Firstly let me asnwer your questions and then I would go for clarifications.

There is no special configuration that needs to be done for Dynamic Profile Generation. When a student is admitted to a program which requires assessment process and if the requirement catalog and version are properly maintained, audit profiles would be created when the student is admitted for this Program.

For your second question, Admission audit, executed from student file is process dependent and uses assessment process.

As Michael has already stated, have you created a assessment object for admission for the program of study ?

What exaclty is the issue that you are currently facing ?

A screen shot of the data set up would be great help and we can provide you faster solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Kasi Raaman.R

0 Kudos

Dear Kasi,

Thannks for clearing my doubts.

Please read my comments in bold:

While executing admission system is prompting error mesage saying Audit is not completed yet..

Even though my settings regarding requirement catalog and version are properly maintained.

Yes i have created an assessment object for admission for the program of study

All these error messages are coming before executing admissions. That means admission audit and assessment settings are correct.

Exact Problem: I am unable to execute admission as it prompts an error message saying Audit is not completed yet.

I am unable to see audit details with checkboxes saying requirements met or not. For more details please read the first message in same thread.

P.S. I am unable to download the screen shots as i am unable to view the attachment icon in editor screen. If you want i can send it on your personal mail ID.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

Please detail the exact steps you are taking with admissions. For example, you of course cannot execute the admissions until the admissions audit is complete. You must first try to create an admissions record only.

If you are able to create an admissions record successfully, then at least there are no technical 'errors' with your assessment set up or your requirement profile template.

Only after creating the admissions record can you proceed with executing the admissions audit itself.

So, first please indicate if you are actually getting an admissions record created (not executed) without error messages.

Things to check if you are getting error messages:

- You have an assessment object of "admission audit" type assigned to the program of study.

- You have maintained the 'sessions of offering' infotype for the assessment object.

If you get errors, you must then DELETE the admissions record, fix your problems, and re-create it. You cannot proceed at all with the original admissions record successfully.

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Yes i am been able to create Admission Record successfully.

Yes, i have an assessment object of "admission audit" type assigned to the program of study.(Maintained relationship B 548 i.e. Comprises Assessment between SC and CE object types)

Yes, i have maintained the 'sessions of offering' infotype for the assessment object.

Shall i delete the Rule containers and Subrequirements which are assigned to RPT.

I have already sent the screen shot to your official mail id as unable to upload the screen shots in SDN. May be some script level issue with attachment button. Could you let me know any other method to sent the screen shots to you for analysis.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

I have not received any e-mail from you on this yet.

One thing to verify. From the admissions tab in the student file, you should select the admissions record you want and then click on the button for Audit Details.

Now, from the screen that appears, about 2/3 of the way down, there should be a view of the Requirement Profile. You must execute the audit there with the 'Check' icon. Only after a successful audit can you execute the admissions.

Are you not seeing the Requirement Profile at all?

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

I sent the email to your official mail id which is available with your business card in SDN. Could you suggest me another method to contact you as it seems SAP SDN portal have some error in uploading of files. Any other common platform or may be your valid email id.

No i am not seeing any requirement profile view at all.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Dear Michael, i found that the parent table PIQDBAUDF is having the AUDF_ID(Requirement Profile Identifier (ID), but not inserting the same value in

1) PIQDBAUDF_STRU1 ( Requirements of Requirement Profiles)

2) PIQDBAUDF_STRU2 ( Subrequirements of Requirement Profiles).

Could you let us know the missing link.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

Actually these table anlayses are not necessarily that useful for understanding the problem. Seeing your configuration would be more useful.

For example, what does your Requirement Pattern look like? Are your requirements related to specializations? Are you using sub-templates?

If you get no errors when you create the admissions record in the first place, then the system believes it is successfully creating a requirement profile based on your configuration.

How is your top-level requirement defined?

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Please find my requirement pattern below.

General Admissions Requirements 10 Overall Admissions Result

General Admissions Requirements 20 10 Admissions Application Complete

General Admissions Requirements 21 20 General Completeness Requirements

General Admissions Requirements 22 20 Program-specific Completeness

General Admissions Requirements 23 20 Major-specific Completeness

General Admissions Requirements 30 10 Admissions Minimum Criteria

General Admissions Requirements 31 30 General Admissions Min.Criteria

General Admissions Requirements 32 30 Program Admissions Min. Criteria

General Admissions Requirements 33 30 Major Admissions Min. Criteria

No, its not related to specializations. I don't know about sub-templates. But yes i am using Requirement Profile templates and assigned them to Program of study.

I have defined my top level requirement as consolidation. PGPM is requirement selection. Please see the settings given below:

4000 Overall Admissions Result Consolidation SO00

4100 Admissions Application Complete Consolidation

4105 General Completeness Requirements Subrequirements PIQCSSCO

4110 Program-specific Completeness Subrequirements SCRQ

4120 Major-specific Completeness Subrequirements PGPM

4200 Admissions Minimum Criteria Subrequirements

4205 General Admissions Min.Criteria Subrequirements PIQCSSCO

4210 Program Admissions Min. Criteria Subrequirements SCRQ

4220 Major Admissions Min. Criteria Subrequirements PGPM

I am using value "GV" in Prevent Storage of Requirements without Subrequirements settings. Should i let it blank?

Shall i remove PGPM and use CGRQ but since it is admission audit and i don't want to use Module groups for that.

Which call up point should i use for admission audit. I have tried various options like 0017, 0019 and 0080.

Whenever i create a requirement and subrequirement in requirement catalog, i am able to save it perfectly but on going back, i found its empty. Everytime i have to maintain it again and yes, thanks to all of this now i am able to see many rule containers in Program catalog.

Also, I tried maintaining call up points and requirements by using" Edit Acad. struc. assignment in requirement catlog" button but after saving the results requirement disappears. Is it SAP Standard or just something missing from customisation.

Please suggest.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

The callup point that you set in the academic structure assignment must match whatever callup point you have assigned for Admissions Audit in table T7PIQAUDTYPETIPO. This can be set via IMG: SLCM -> Processes -> Audits -> Basic Settings -> Assign Callup Points to Audit Types. I think that the SAP recommendation is to use 0080 for Admissions Audit, but I can no longer find where that is documented - if it was documented. The requirement selections use the callup point to determine which requirements (rule containers) to select subrequirements from. If you have both Admissions Audit and Degree Audit, you would want to use two different callup points so that Degree Audit requirements could be distinguished from Admissions Audit requirements. (The standard callup point for Degree Audit is 0060, and I do remember that Admissions Audit had a number higher than that.)

Also, if you are editing requirement catalogs and requirements in PIQRLCATM, there is saving and then there is saving.... If you create a requirement, edit its usage/academic structure assignment, and save it, then that is not enough. In the main transaction window (not in the dialog for academic structure assignment), you must save again to write the infotype 1778 record matching the requirement to the requirement catalog. Then, you should see the requirement when you come back into the transaction.

Hope this helps,

Eric

0 Kudos

Vinod,

Eric makes a good point. We certainly expect that Admissions Audit uses callup point 80.

Now, for Requirement Profile Templates, you don't actually need to create the requirements in your Catalog. In fact, with Templates, we don't even look at the catalog for the rules. We only need to catalog to determine the profile structure in the Requirement Profile Template editor. So, are you actually maintaining your TEMPLATES, or are you just maintaining in the Catalog. If you are maintaining the catalog, you will get no requirements.

Why? You say you flagged the program to use Templates. In that case, we ignore the rules in the catalog and just use the subrequirements you defined in your Template. You maintain templates with a completely different transaction (PIQAUDTMPL_M). Did you do that? I ask because with templates, there is no need at all to ssign rule containers to your academic structure and such. The fact that you are doing that indicates to me that you are mixing/matching the concepts of dyanmic vs. template-drive profile generation.

So, if you think your catalogs are correct and also your rule container assignments, just turn off the 'Use Templates' flag to see what happens!

If you leave it on, but did not actually maintain a template for the program, then I am not surprised that you have an emply profile!

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thanks a tonn buddy. I was using both Catalog as well as Template. I removed the later one and now able to see all requirements in screen.

Special Thanks to Eric for clarifications.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar