Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role difference in DEV and QAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I made some changes to role in DEV and moved to QAS.

Whatever changes I made in DEV, are reflecting in QAS, But SUIM comaprision of roles, it's showing 3 objects are existing in DEV, but not there in QAS.

I opened the role in DEV, tried to find these objects.

Actually these 3 objects not at all existing in DEV also.

Then why in SUIM comaprison it's showing these 3 objects existing in DEV, not QAS.

Cheers

Sreenivasu Balaka

8 REPLIES 8

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasu,

maybe the cause is the same as you have mentioned in ....

Try first to generate both profiles in DEV and QAS. run the compare then again....

Still some differences?

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you comparing composite roles?

It could be possible that you made changes in a single role and transported only this role and are comparing the composite roles.

In that case the objects in another role in the composite might be affecting the comparison.

0 Kudos

Its single role only. Role is generated both in DEV and QAS.

The things is what ever 3 objects its showing in DEV role in SUIM, not existing in that DEV role.

But why showing objects existing in SUIM comparision?

Is there any thing like inactive, but showing in comparision

0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe. That is why I asked that you regenerate both profiles (nevertheless the status of the profile shows 'generated' in PFCG). So did you regenerate that 2 profiles already or not?

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

If you have transported the role then even the inactive objects would get transported alongwith it.

As, Bernard suggested you should regenerate the profile and then check again.

0 Kudos

If you have transported the role then even the inactive objects would get transported alongwith it.

True. But when you compare roles, what you are actually comparing are the current profiles generated from the auth. data contained within the role. And inactive objects are in no way included in the generated profile and thus have no effect on the results of the comparison.

Edited by: Martinsh Shaiters on Dec 12, 2008 8:55 AM

0 Kudos

Sreenivasu,

Open the role in DEV and open the authorization objects.

Here go to Utilities -> Reorganize ( all the authorization objects)

I hope this would solve your problem.

Thanks,

Saga

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Like already pointed out in this thread - (re)generate profiles in QAS using transaction SUPC and compare afterwards.

(Unless the source system is configured otherwise or You explicitly unchecked this option when transporting roles, they are transported with generated profiles from the source system. Transporting without profiles is the preferred method - to the best of my understanding.)