cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts with external requirements and contracts in extended scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have doubts in how to use contracts for external requirements in extended scenario.

For example, we have the following scenario:

1. A SP is created in ECC and it is sent to SRM as External Requirement (XR)

2. In SRM we create a Bid Invitation from the XR

3. Vendors make their BIDs

4. The purchaser accepts a BID

5. From that BID we create a PO. This last step makes a copy of the PO in ECC. This copy has the reference of the original SP in step 1 and the SP is "completed".

My question is in the step 5. If I choose create a Contract instead of PO, the Contract is created locally in SRM. In this moment, what happend with the Original SP in ECC?? It still "open"?? I have to create a PO, if yes, how?? how I have to "complete" the original SP??

Please, I need your help!!!

Thanks,

Ivá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

SP(PR) came to sourcing cockpit as external requirement and you would have created a bid Inviatation and bidders submitted a bid and you analysed the bid and you rewarded a contract for best supplierso this contract refers whenever we create a sc with reference to material/ material group ,the contact will be taken automatically in the source of supply since it is a fixed vendor and it creates PO (release order) and it get closed whenever the contract is fulfilled.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Ok, I understand that the contract has the reference of the SC (In SRM), however, the PR in ECC doesn't have it. In my understanding I have to create a PO for the PR in order to complete the requirement in ECC, isn't it??

We have to create a second SC to create the PO?? It is not possible to create the PO with the original SC (PR in ECC) with reference to the contract??

Thank

Ivan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan

Yes. i do agree . The PR may not link with the contract which created locally in SRM. It might be open PR only though the contract are expired . you might do manuualy .check up with SAP to confirm this.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks Muthuraman,

Answers (0)