cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Packaging in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a requirement, where in the order, I should have a proposal of different packaging types and when coming to the delivery the one proposed in the order should be automatically picked up.

Eg. If a Television is a material in the order, and there are different options for packing it eg. cardboard, wooden box, etc., from which we can select the required packaging material & the same is required to be automatically triggered in the delivery.

I have already done the setting for delivery type for automatic packing & item category determination with PACK as usage for the packaging material type & Packaging material type & allowed packaging material have been customized.

Can anyone give me the further customization settings to achieve the above requirement.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

In OVLK, respective delivery type there is a field 'Gen.Pack.material item' by activating this I think we will be able to get this.

I am not sure..

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answer. Already General Pack material item is checked in Delivery type.

Still it is not working.

Thanks & Regards

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

Try out this option I have not used it but this is one of the option for automatic determination

Go to the following path IMG u2013 Logistic Executive u2013 Shipping u2013 Packing u2013 Define allowed packing material.

Over here just assign your material group with the material packing group.

Save this setting and try to create the sales order and create delivery for that

just do this if its help full then let me know.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have customized all the relevant settings & when Iam in the delivery manually selecting the Automatic Packing option the system is issuing an warning message

No packaging rule exists for material 169 unloading point & shipping point

Message no. JVSD163

can anyone suggest the settings to create automatic packing.

Thanks in advance

Aravind

Answers (0)