cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in SAP PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am exploring certain career opportunities within SAP, in pursuit of same, i wish to know more about SAP PLM.

What is SAP PLM? What kind of background is required to build up a career in SAP PLM? What kind of candidate should usually opt for this course? What is the eligibility?

I am a post graduate in computer science working in IT since last 8 yrs in technical & functional roles with technologies and other ERP. Wish to know if this can be an option to go for training in SAP PLM?

Soliciting your help in guiding a right career path,

Thanks,

Best regards,

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks a lot for your very valuable inputs.

Just want to know one thing, where can i get the training in SAP PLM? Do authorised centers provide training on this? I belong to pune.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

As per best of my information, there are Siemens, Genovate are the leading authorized training centers for SAP learning, across the world.

The nearest Gonovate to you is

Genovate Solutions Pune Pvt Ltd Nuclues Mall, 5th Floor, 501/502, Church Road, Camp, Opp Police Commissioner Office, Pune 400001 India Tel: (91) 020-30520219/30520220 Contact Person: Mr Mohammed Iqbal Delphi Computech Pvt Ltd (Pune) ( E-Academy Partner) 201, Indira Building Bhandarkar Road, Pune 411 004, India Tel: +91 20 40110500, 25674434/35/36, 65206624 Contact Person: Pradeep Saggam Website:www.delphicomputech.com Genovate Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. A Wing,First Floor Phoenix House,Senapati Bapat Marg Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013 Tel: (91) 22 24901839/ 24982754/ 24901824/ 24981236 Contact Person: Mr.Krishnan / Mr. Fabian

For further [Addresses|http://www.sap.com/asia/services/education/centres/partners.epx], pls refer the link.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

PLM is Product Life cycle Mgmt.

It covers following modules of SAP.

AP-PPE

CA-AUD

CA-CAD

CA-CL

CA-DMS

CA-GTF-MS

CA-GTF-UPS

CA-NO

CS

LO-CEP

LO-CM

LO-ECH

LO-EWB

LO-MD-BOM

LO-MD-MG

LO-MD-MM

LO-PDM

LO-VC

PLM

PM

PP-DB

PS

QM

This [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/74/0128c36f043a4b9a0a5055e5db953b/frameset.htm] may help you to know PLM functionality batter.

This link may help you to know the future of PLM [SAP PLM Roadmap|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/plm/sapPLMRoadmap]

What kind of candidate should usually opt for this course? What is the eligibility?

Oooooppsss. You have all the eligibility to be a PLMist. but for any SAP consultant must have some strong understanding ability towards the Business process. That is my personnel belief. Because if some one who knows the business purely can utilizes the functions of SAP 'best fit' to that business, surely.

So now it's your choice what you want to choose as consultant for one, two or all the modules belongs to PLM.

Best of luck,

Regards,

Shyamal