cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Order with Invoice Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In a scenario of returns process. When my customer promises to return 10 qty of X material, but he ends up returning 15 of the X material when i pick up from the customer., i.e he is returning an excess of 5. Now I want to create a return order with 2 line items, one line item with quantity of promised returns i.e. qty 10 and the second line item with another qty 5 (excess returns).I would like to block the second line from getting invoiced.

Can this be achievable.

Plz suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav

By default, Return order contains a Billing block.

This is meant for the whole document and unless it is released you can not create a Credit memo from it.

But, here you want to block obne line item.

As you have rightly decided to create two line items, do it like that and go to the item details of the second line item (5 units), in the Billing tab assign the Billing block by choosing a value from the drop down .

Save it.

Now when you want to create a Credit memo after releasing the billing block from the Return order, you can bill the first item only.

If you want to create a Credit memo for the second line item, then you have to remove the billing block from its item details first.

I hope, this will serve your purpose.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it served the purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

As per I understand while creating return order you want one of the line item should be block for billing.

That all you want it nothing else I think so.

So just select that line item and click on the detail button in the bottom of the screen.

Go to the Billing Document tab and over there you will see Billing Block.

Just put any reason in the billing block to block it at the time of creation of billing document.

Hope so it will help you to solve the problem

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you allow your customer to return items without a returns authority (represented as a returns order or returns delivery) ?

Will you ever credit the customer for the items returned over the approved quantity ?

If the answer is YES

By default a returns order is blocked for billing - to allow a manual step to review the order and manually release.

If the answer is NO

You should configure a new item category that is relevant for goods movement (to allow the excess return quantity to be receipted) but not relevant for billing (i.e. crediting) the customer.

regards,