cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to Copyback the data from PRD to QA and DEV boxes..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

Please find the below Question :

Question :

1. Our DEV and QA boxes are out of sync with production data .. what is the way to get all the boxes in SYNC.. means ..we need the data to be copied back from production. How to do that ?

2. We need to copy all the data in Production to the other boxes.. any guidance will be more helpful.

Thanks

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if u r posting the question in wrong forum! if not then my friends already answered it .

-Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

If you want to copy the repository design along with the master data in to another server rep.Then the best way i suggest will be to use the Archieve/Unarchiev option

The archieve/unarchieve option is the most recommented way for transportation of the rep schema when data to needs to be transported.

The simple reason being the archieve option can archive every deatils of the originla rep .the main table data,lookup table data the remote system and ports deatils na dmost imp even the Workflows details and easily transport it form one server to the other.As the archive option generates the .A2A file which can be easily placed from one servers archive folder to the other servers archive folder and then be unarchived on the target server.

also using this method you can unarchive a older version of the rep on to a newer version of the server which is mostly the case when you are using differnt level of server .

you simple have to update the outdated rep on to the new server to work with the latest version.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

The best option would be Take the Archive of Production repository and UnArchive the same on Dev and QAS.

Archive/UnArchive Steps:

1. Open the MDM Console and mount the MDM Production Server and the repository.

2. Connect to the repository and right click select Archive Repository Option. Give the Archive name.

3. Copy this archive file i.e. .a2a file from the path <MDM Server Installable>/Server/Archives into the DEV and QAS server in the same location i.e. <MDM Server Installable>/Server/Archives

4. Mount the DEV server and right click select UnArchive repository option, select the Archive name i.e. .a2a file copied from production.

5. New repository will get created which matches with that of production.

6. Delete the old repository from DEV and perform the same steps for QAS.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja