cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to send start signal for complete cluster, SLD may still be stopped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create technical systems in the SLD on the portal (http://host:port/sld). It prompts me to start the SLD server by going to Administration.

When I click the button "Start Server" under Administration, I get this following error message:

"Failed to send start signal for complete cluster, SLD may still be stopped on other cluster nodes."

Can you please tell me what has to be done to successfully start the SLD server so that I can go ahead and add technical systems.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems Like server is running in Clusterd Environment.

Please Check in SAP MMC if you have access, if all the Server instances are UP and running.

might be this is causing the mentioned error.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

I checked MMC. There is only one instance running.

Here is the structure in MMC.

Database

Instance 0

Instance 1

Instances are green and running.

Here is log on the server:

#28 12/12/2008 07:43:44.413 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_15] FATAL com.sap.lcr.start.StartDirector: SLD start failure, unable to activate the SLD CIMOM. Check the log of the persistence medium for any errors. If the error is reproducible, please send a message to SAP. More...

#27 12/12/2008 07:43:44.397 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_15] FATAL com.sap.lcr.objmgr.core.TransactionContainerChangeBuffer: Storing changes to cache failed. Please restart the application to reinitialize the cache.(Error: CIM_ERR_FAILED: Failed to initialize cluster notification sender.) More...

#26 12/12/2008 07:43:44.382 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_15] ERROR com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ClusterNotificationSender$JMSSender: Failed to initialize cluster notification sender. Please check your JNDI service and JMS provider for errors. More...

#25 12/12/2008 07:43:44.288 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_15] ERROR com.sap.lcr.webui.CimIO: Failed to send start signal for complete cluster, SLD may still be stopped on other cluster nodes.

#24 12/12/2008 07:43:44.288 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_15] ERROR com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ClusterNotificationSender$JMSSender: Failed to initialize cluster notification sender. Please check your JNDI service and JMS provider for errors. More...

What could be the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied the Note 971249.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos