cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workstation application authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In document management system, is it possible to restrict access to an application? We have defined 2 different applications for pdf files but we would like to restrict general users to only one of those. I have not found an authorization object to do this in the roles.

any suggestion will be appreciated,

regards,

Serge Tremblay

Analyst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The Authorization Object C_DRAW_DOK for Document Access.

The authorization object C_DRAW_DOK ,controls which original data of a specific document type there are access authorizations for disply, change and archive etc can be maintained.

Thank you,

Regards

Seema pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use Authorization Object C_DRAW_DOK but it controls access to the document type. On a document type we can have different different file formats and different workstation applications.

For exemple, some originals are in Microsoft Word format and launched with a workstation application that calls Microsoft Word. Others are in Acrobat format and we have a PDF application.

If we give access to a document type in a role with Authorization Object C_DRAW_DOK, we give access to every workstation application that can be found on the "Originals" Tab of the DIR.

We want to maintain a "source" original that can't be viewed by everyone and another one that is "public" on the same DIR. If we could have an authorization object for the worksation application this would do the job. Otherwise we have to maintain 2 different document types, one for the source and the other for the public file.

regards,

Serge Tremblay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I understand u want to control authorisation within the DIR.

ie, If DIR has say one word and one pdf file, then u want to give authorisation that only few users should access word file..and everyone should be be able to access pdf file. Please corerct me if I am wrong.

If this is the requirement, I dont think it is possible to give different Authorisations within 2 orginals in one single DIR.

I think you have to create separate Doc types and give authorisation there.

Regards

Aby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Giving authorization to one of those attached application is not possible by using standard authorization objects.

This can be achieved by developing new authorization object for that particular workstation application which can be added to roles where-ever applicable.

Thank You,

Manoj

points if useful..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please clarify, u mentioned application ... what it refers to ... document type or workstation application e.g pdf, cad, word etc.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am referring to the Workstation application, transaction DC30

Serge

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its possible either by maintaining seperate Doc types as per workstation applications or by defining specific data carrier and defining the front end nos.

In case of second option for the particular workstation application we have to select the data carrier type which has specific front end nos defined (not default front end).

Pramod

Plz award pts if its useful for u