cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Workflow and PA40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

we are defining an approval process for our hiring processes. Hiring process starts from Tcode PA40, with action type Hiring, where the HR clerk inserts all the relevant info record values.

(we are not using the recruiting functionality)

At the end of the process, the employee is part of the company and is in the Org structure.

Before this happens, we would like to have in place an approval processe, meaning that a manager must approve the hiring of the employee.

Has anybody done this before?

What would be the best way to do this?

Can we use sap forms? (not familiar with this, would need some directions on how to approach this)

I was thinking to kick off the process by the having the HR clerk changing the position status (the position of the employee that is hired), to prompt a window to capture basic data such as name of employee and salary.

This info would go for approval to the manager, and once the approval is granted, the HR clerk can input all the data with PA40.

Help would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Two options:

Hire as normal, but block/disable in some way - lock employee record, assign to a dummy personnell area or whatever. Once approved, unlock/reassign. This is in my opinion the cleanest solution. Talk to your SAP HR folks what kind of block would suit your setup best.

Plan B: Hire new employee into a dummy position outside the org chart, hold the intended position somewhere in workflow and automatically transfer them to their real position once approved. Might cause a bit of chaos with any existing transfer workflows.

Both need a little bit of custom development, but nothing too traumatic. Forms might be a quicker development, but is the rejection rate (if any) really going to be that high that it's worth sending it to HR twice? Probably not.

Cheers

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help Mike.

It will definitively enhance our options.

Unluckily we also have the same issue in PA40 for another process the 'change of basic pay':

- PA40

- Action type: organizational re-assignment

- Reason for action: change of basic pay

Here as well we need an approval before infotype 008 is updated.

I have noticed that there is a workflow WS20000003 - Pay increase approval with SAP forms -, but how do i get the hr clerk to fill the form and how do i trigger the workflow?

How can we control otherwise the approval of this process?

Best Regards and thank you in advance.

marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I think the first solution suggested by Mike will help for your BASIC PAY Requirement also.

Lock the employee till the approval is done. I feel this would be the BEST SOLUTION.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I am no HR expert, but I suspect you're not really using HR the way it's designed to work and trying to use workflow to plug the gaps. Might be worthwhile talking to an HR consultant to review your processes.

There are various statuses an infotype can go through before becoming active. You won't "update" infotype 008, you create a new one valid from a new date. The new one can have a status 'planned' before it becomes 'active' - this is the part that is usually done by WF, and the same could apply to the hiring process in your original question.

Regarding pay change there's a lot of standard stuff available, have a look under compensation management <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/27/9e563cc368b60fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm">over here</a>.

Cheers

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

thank you for your comments last week. we are taking another route now...and a different approach. will use forms (from intranet site) to capture data to approve, and then once approved HR Admin will create the relevant infotypes.

Thank you again.

marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create new infotypes ?

Could u plz give some more information ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haan...

Good Approach...If you are in EP 6+, then you can use ISR-ADOBE INTERACTIVE FORMS...

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I see that you have a lot of knowledge about ADOBE INTERACTIVE FORMS.

Please help me with these.

I have to use Adobe Interactive Forms in EP in a Workflow.

We would prefer the user to input the required data and "Submit" the Adobe form and automatically to send this form to some other person who concern.

This person must approve or disapprove the form and notificate the user.

When the person approved the Adobe form the R/3 tables will be updated with the new data.

I don't know if this scenario could be implemented because i am new in EP and the WebDynpro Texhnology. (i use WebDynpro with ABAP).

You could tell me any other scenario which i could recommend to our clients

so as to achieve it.

I will appreciate any your help.

Regards,

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I see that you have a lot of knowledge about ADOBE INTERACTIVE FORMS.

Please help me with these.

I have to use Adobe Interactive Forms in EP in a Workflow.

We would prefer the user to input the required data and "Submit" the Adobe form and automatically to send this form to some other person who concern.

This person must approve or disapprove the form and notificate the user.

When the person approved the Adobe form the R/3 tables will be updated with the new data.

I don't know if this scenario could be implemented because i am new in EP and the WebDynpro Texhnology. (i use WebDynpro with ABAP).

You could tell me any other scenario which i could recommend to our clients

so as to achieve it.

I will appreciate any your help.

Regards,

Ari