cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request import scheduled in background fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

In our landscape we have PRD and an Application server. We want to import transport requests in background at a defined time. Though the job status shows up as finished however in the job log it reports - Transport control program tp ended with error code 0232.

In the STMS queue, the request is in still being imported status for long time unless SAP is restarted.

If I change the job in SM37 and give one of the servers (PRD or Appl server) as the execution target the job finishes successfully and request is imported.

My Question is how can I get the job to finish properly without having to enter the execution target each time? I should schedule the transport in background in STMS and it should finish without error.

Regards,

Sai Rolla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAI,

See this SAP Note 165708 - Test call for tp ended with error code 0232 :

Cause and prerequisites

In the transport configuration file TP_DOMAIN_<TDC_SID>, where <TDC_SID> is the SID of the R/3 system which is used as transport domain controller, the database name of the affected R/3 system is written in lower case, thus you will find the following entry:

<SID>\DBNAME = <<sid>>

Solution

From within the transport domain controller <TDC_SID> change the transport log in the affected system. To do this, proceed as follows:

1. Call up Transaction STMS.

2. Choose "Overview/Systems". On the following screen select the affected system.

3. Choose "Transport tool" and "Display <--> Change".

4. For DBNAME write the SID in upper case.

5. Save and let configuration distribute immediately.

6. Exit maintenance.

To ensure that no incorrect transport configuration file is generated with a new setup or an enhancement of the transport domain and subsequent activation and distribution, change function module TRINT_PP_GET_DEFAULT_VALUES as described in the attachment or apply the respective Hot Package. (You should do this for all systems participating in the transport domain and not only in the transport domain controller <TDC_SID>.)

Best Regards

AK