cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to IDOC, Message Mapping settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am going to implement IDoc to IDOC scenario.

The IDOC should be send from SAP ECC 6.0 system, client 100 to the same system in client 200 via SAP XI.

I have chosen the message type MATMAS05.

Questions

- What is the minimal message scenario (MATMAS:MATMAS05 to MATMAS.MATMAS05) in message mapping?

- when I change some mapping attributes do I need to activate the other related objects (e.g. Interface Mapping, etc.)?

My problem is that the IDOC will be received in SAP XI, but has the following error:

Error: must node 'E1MARAM' failed in structue MATMAS05

How can i correct this error?

Thank you very much!

regards

Holger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if there are any parent mandatory fields(1:1). if there are then these have to be mapped.

Thanks

Saiyog

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My problem is that the IDOC will be received in SAP XI, but has the following error:

Error: must node 'E1MARAM' failed in structue MATMAS05

This problem is Message Mapping Problem, please map all the segments and fields of One side of MATMAS05 to Other side of MATMAS05.

Sandeep

rosh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you'd still need to connect all fields with the same names in the message mapping. There's a button (next to the question mark) for that.

But if you do that you can also just remove the mapping in the interface determination in Integration Directory, since it won't be changing the document.

rosh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

> * What is the minimal message scenario (MATMAS:MATMAS05 to MATMAS.MATMAS05) in message >mapping?

No Mapping at all or a direct 1:1 connection of all corresponding fields.

> * when I change some mapping attributes do I need to activate the other related objects (e.g. Interface >Mapping, etc.)?

You only have to activate objects that you changed - so no.

From the error I guess that a node in the target structure is not created although the idoc-definition states it as mandatory.

Do you really need the mapping? Does the incoming IDoc also miss the Node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Many thanks for your answer.

So you mean, I can define IDOC MATMAS.MATMAS05 on both sides in message mapping and just to save this mapping without any mapping of field. Wil this work?

I do not really want to mapp the IDOC.

The main purpose I want is to be familiar with SAP XI and IDOC to IDOC scenario,

Many thanks

Holger