Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Upgrade with Unicode Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting confused by the various upgrade manuals and need some assistance. I have a BW 3.5 Non Unicode environment that is fed by two R/3 Non Unicode systems (One at 4.6b and one at 4.7)

The plan is to upgrade the BI environment to 7.0 with a Unicode conversion. What am I actually converting the BI environment or the two R/3 environments???

I have a solid checklist for the 3.5-7.0 Upgrade and I have managed efforts like this before. Where do the Unicode steps come into play? Is there a checklist for the BO Unicode Conversion anywhere?

I need to be able to present a high level plan within the next few days. Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am getting confused by the various upgrade manuals and need some assistance. I have a BW 3.5 Non Unicode environment that is fed by two R/3 Non Unicode systems (One at 4.6b and one at 4.7)

>

> The plan is to upgrade the BI environment to 7.0 with a Unicode conversion. What am I actually converting the BI environment or the two R/3 environments???

You have two options:

- convert the BI 3.5 to Unicode first

- do the upgrade and UC conversion together (basically you prepare the system under 3.5, upgrade and the immediately export and re-import the system)

> I have a solid checklist for the 3.5-7.0 Upgrade and I have managed efforts like this before. Where do the Unicode steps come into play? Is there a checklist for the BO Unicode Conversion anywhere?

http://service.sap.com/unicode@sap

--> Unicode Conversion Guides

--> Unicode Conversion Checklists

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your guidance.