cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email to suppor team when service desk message is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured the e-mail functionalities in our Solution Manager Service Desk to send email for example when the status of support message is changing.

(Dolores's blogs are really helpful in this subject: )

The only function what I couldn't configure is send an e-mail automatically (without any user interaction) immediately when someone creates a new Service Desk message.

If I play with Schedule Conditions (for action profiles) as Dolores wrote in her Blog and set the condition to User Status equal "New" then the email is sent to the team when someone open the message and switch it to "Change" mode. But this functionality is not enough for me. I would like to trigger this action immediately when the message is created. (The support team determination is working fine).

I would be glad to hear any suggestion in the subject.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Peter Kalmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Peter,

im experiencing the same issue .

were you able to find a solution?

please suggest the solution if you got.

kr,

elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

In my case patching was the solution. Applying most recent SPS stack has solved the issue. But that was on Solution Manager 7.0 more than 7 years ago.

In these days you should use Solution Manager 7.1 and now the Service Desk functionality is included in "IT Service Management" area. Here is a great wiki about it:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Configuration+and+Administration+of+ITSM

BR, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter ,

i have the same issue as you did.

did you find a solution?

kr,

liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I had resolved same issue in my case.

1. In action profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED, for action   SLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PARTNER which is used to determine the support   team, set processing time 'Immediate Processing'

2. For action Z_SLFN0001_ADVANCED_MAIL which is used to send the

email to support team the processing time has to be 'processing   when saving document'.

As this action is depend on SLFN0003 (support team), So before this Mail

action executed, the support team should be determined.

Regards,

Darshan..

0 Kudos

It works.

Tested in SSM 7.2 SP09.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm facing with the same problem that Peter had. I have Solution Manager 7.1 with SPS24 ( BBPCRM 5.0 SP16 ). Everithing is working fine; Support team determinated, method CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 executed (Appl. CRM_ORDER, Action Profile AI_SDK_STANDARD, Action Definition AI_SDK_STANDARD_FIND_PARTNER, ), but e-mail doesn't work immediatelly. After opening message, e-mail is sending to Support team, but this is not acceptable for my collegues in support team. Thay need e-mail notification immediate after ticket come into the Service Desk cockpit.

Is SP17 for BBPCRM solution?

Thank's in advance!

Renato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am facing the same issue like can pls tell which support pack you upgraded for resolving the issue and also from which level to which level you.

Thanks in Advance

Suveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suveer,

We were on Support Stack 13 (10/2007) and now we are on Support Stack 17 (08/2008).

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You directly maintain start condition with status eq 'New'.

Don't put schedule condition.

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahantesh,

I tried but it didn't help. If I put condition: 'Status' eq 'New' in the Start Conditions then I am facing with the same problem:

After I create a new Service Desk message: The email is not sent automatically.

The Action just started when I open it first and switch it to "Change" mode...

I would like to get E-mail notification about new service desk message without any user interaction.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me whether that action was green when you go to tickket? If yellow, it means there is something wrong in action conditions.

can you just put details of action conditions ?

Your requirement is simple and can be done easily.

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahantesh,

Unfortunately I cannot attach screenshots to this thread so I describe the procedure step-by-step:

1. I created a new Action Profile to this action as this blog writes:

2. The new action definition (in action profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED) has the following settings:

- Action settings: Scheduled Automatically checked in, Processing Time: Immediate processing

- Partner Determination checked: PartnerFunction: SLFN0003, Description: Support Team

- Action determination and action merging: Max 1 Action for each action definition

- Processing types: SmartForm mail as the blog writes

3. Condition configuration for this Action Definition:

- Schedule Condition tab: There is no Schedule Condition as you suggested

- Start Condition tab: &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0001SLFN0001

So now if I create a new Service Desk message (TCODE: NOTIF_CREATE), open the new message and go to the Actions tab I can see the action:

Find support team responsible, when message is created with status "green" which means the support team of this message has been found and assigned to the message so the "Support Team" header data has been filled out automatically.

At this point if I switch the message to edit mode then the Action Email when new message is created appears with "green" status as well and on the bottom of the screen I can see the inform message: MAIL request <transaction no.> created sucessfully and I receive the mail to the mailbox of the Support team...

So now I can see 2 successful actions:

-Find support team responsible, when message is created (this scheduled by me)

-Email when new message is created (this created by me)

So the question is how can I schedule the second action without any user step.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks fine and the actions should work properly, but if you are sending mails to Support team and the support team is being updated in action you have scheduled in this case, we have no control on the execution sequence of actions. This could be the reason.

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You mean there is no way to assign an automatic action to new help desk message creation in Solution Manager service desk and inform the support team via e-mail without any user interaction?

Thanks and regards,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Kalmar on Dec 17, 2008 6:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is very well possible. I have implemented same thing, where a ticket is posted from notif_create and auto mail is trigerred to support team.

In your case, there could be a very sonewhere a small mistake. Need to check step by step details.

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahantesh,

I described the whole procedure what I did step by step in this forum thread.

Do anyone has any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you implement Note 1041455? This fixes an issue exactly like yours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot! It seems this note is exactly related with this issue. In the meantime I have implemented the most relevant support packages which contain this note correction as well so the problem has been solved, the automatic e-mail function works.

Thanks and regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

i also want to implement same in my solman server. i also did same process discussed in this thread .

difference is only you create support messg. in solution manager with TC notif_create and i want this action when end user create message from satellite server with "Help-->Create Support msg".

Please let me know feasibility and solution for this issue.

Regards

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

Do you have problem with the Service Desk implementation (to create message in your satellite system with "Help"-->"Create Support Message") or the implementation was successful and just the auto email functionality does not work?

The auto email function is not depend on creation way of the message.

Regarding the implementation I can suggest you Bruyneel Guillaume's blogs:

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the implementation was successful and just the auto email functionality does not work?

how ever its work only when i create any service msg. from solman server with TC notif_create but when i create support msg from satellite server, msg. create successfully and comes to solman server but in new status its not generating any email for support team.

Plz suggest

Andrew

Edited by: Andrew lee on Jan 14, 2009 4:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Did you check the "Transaction Data" --> "Actions" tab on your message? Here you can follow up the status of your assigned (or executed) actions. Do you see that action what you would like to execute automatically (email)? What is the status of that?

Cheers,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

when i click on "Transaction Data" --> "Actions", then automatic mail generate and action icon become green.

but in this i need to open service msg. but what i want is without any action perform on service msg.mails should automatically generate when ever any end user put service msg. from satellite server (ECC production)

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I mean without change the message to "Edit" mode (In this case the automatic email function should be visible on "Actions" tab as well).

Probably the start conditions of your Action Profile are wrong. In our case I have configured this Action Profile according to Dolores's blog (/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message). Make sure that you configured exactly the same start condition.

I used the "Send mail to Support Team when the message is in New status" but to use this you have to implement "Support team determination" first what this blog describes:

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-support-team-determination

Which partner role are you using to send automatic email? Probably you are trying to send auto email to a partner what you didn't determine automatically when you create message in satellite system. (e.g. you have set "Message Processor" as the recipient of your email but the Message Processor has not been determined during message creation...)

I hope it helps!

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

i notice that, when i create any support msg with TC notif_create then only automatic mail generate in NEW Status.(from solman server). but whenever i use to create support msg. from solman or satellite server through "create msg " option then automatic mail not generate in New status.

in this case Automatic mail generate only when i click on Action in Transactional Data in edit mode.

rest setting are Ok, support team partner determination and mail on rest of msg status is working fine.

Andrew.

Edited by: Andrew lee on Jan 15, 2009 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

Sorry, but then currently I don't have any idea. The strange is that your auto mail results depend on the way of your msg creation.

When I implemented the most recent support packages (which contain the note correction 1041455 as well) then the auto mail function started to work both kind of messages.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am asking about an Auto Email to Reporter when a new notification created from satellite system by an end user(key user) under SLFN001_ADVANCED action profile. (Solman Ehp1, SP-18)

Which Action Defination (before Schedule automatically check) should be selected form list ?

Because I have selected Process Immediately it did not work. I hope the option Processing when saving document should selected when you are changing the status and saving it.

If am wrong pls correct me.

Awaiting for your valuable reply please.

Regards

Nilanchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am facing the same issue of Auto E-mail to support team when New message is created by user is not triggered.

Mail got triggered after message edited in Txn  crm_dno_monitor.

I am working on Solman 7.0 Ehp1 SPS 27.

BBPCRM SP level is 18.

S-note:1041455 is absolute from BBPCRM SP 09.

Kindly suggest solution.

Pls check the configuration I had done.

New Message :

• Support team is assigned automatically to new support message.
  • E-mail Address is maintained for Business partners in txn BP.

Run T- code: SPPFCADM

Select CRM_ORDER & press Define Action profiles & Actions

Select Action Profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED & Double Click on Action Definition

Edit mode & select SLFN0001_ADVANCED_MAIL & click on Copy As

Maintain Schedule Automatically à Partner dependent SLFN003 Support team

Double click on processing types

Condition configuration for CRM_ORDER

I already tried some changes as said in the above discussion.

But not solved my issue.

When edit & changed status it triggers mail & Mail received by Support team on Mail Address set in BP.

Thanks & Regards,

Darshan