Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Budget Availability Control and Assigned Funds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue as following.

I created a WBS and assigned an order to the WBS. Now I put the $1000 budget on my WBS element and turned on my availability control. I cut a $800 PR against order. When I ran CJ31, I found the total budget was $1000 and assigned fund was $800. Then I closed the PR, but the assigned fund on WBS is still $800. It seems the order wouldn't return the assigned fund back to the WBS although it doesn't have any commitment or actual. Only when I TECO the order, the $800 will be released from order and WBS's assigned fund will become 0.

So my question is whether there is anyway to release the $800 fund back to WBS without TECO the order?

I will really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Ting

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ting,

As far as I have understood , you want to give that $800 back to the wbs.

For this you have to close the PR or cancel it and the current budget will be back to $1000.

And if you dont want to cancel or close the PR , then you will have to supplement the budget thru CJ36.

TECO of the project should be done when you have no commitment left (means no P.R. and no P.O.).

And if anybody wants to return the budget back to the wbs then it can be done thru CJ35 ( post return).

Thanks,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is that even when I close the PR here, the available budget for WBS will go back to 1000. The 800 has been kept for Work order.

I also did a testing on WBS element or Internal order here. After the PR is closed, the budget will go back. But it seems work order doesn't work in this way.

So I am wondering whether maybe some configuration needs to be made on work order or this is a standard SAP thing.

Thanks,

Ting

Answers (0)