SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is-Retail BETMAS config

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create 1800 sites, I'm trying to use IDOC BETMAS01.

I check note 737239, I config Partner profiles, I introduce BETMAS01 on Inbound parameters, but I don't know which process code I have to use. I test with BAPI, APLI and UPSR.

Any of you know which process code I have to use or if I need to create a new one.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS Note 737239 only refers to distribution from one SAP environment to another. As far as I have ever seen, you have to create them manually in your development environment, then use WBTE/WBTI to move them through the landscape. In our case, we've had to manually create 700+ sites and have about 300 more to go.

The reason for the manual creation is that sites were originally plants in non-retail, and as such required configuration via the IMG (SPRO). In retail, we have the ability to handle the master data side: address, organizational area, RP/Listing, Purchasing, POS Profile, departments, merch categories, open/close time, customer master, vendor master. Additionally, you can choose "customizing for site" to configure all of your customizing tables (configuring STOs, Physical Inventory parameters, MRP parameters, EDI profiles, etc.). So, all of this configuration data does not flow through the BETMAS, and you need the config data, as well as the customer and vendor master data.

I've never done this, but it may be possible to create one or two sites that you know are perfect, then push them out via WBTE. Then you would have to take that file and copy the data using a find/replace method to put in your real site data, and bring it back into the same environment via WBTI. Obviously, you would need to try this in your sandbox first a few times before you ever hit your dev, Q/A or production environments... Hope this helps and good luck. Better yet, please prove me wrong, I will use your strategy and not have to key in my remaining 300.

-jcs

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS Note 737239 only refers to distribution from one SAP environment to another. As far as I have ever seen, you have to create them manually in your development environment, then use WBTE/WBTI to move them through the landscape. In our case, we've had to manually create 700+ sites and have about 300 more to go.

The reason for the manual creation is that sites were originally plants in non-retail, and as such required configuration via the IMG (SPRO). In retail, we have the ability to handle the master data side: address, organizational area, RP/Listing, Purchasing, POS Profile, departments, merch categories, open/close time, customer master, vendor master. Additionally, you can choose "customizing for site" to configure all of your customizing tables (configuring STOs, Physical Inventory parameters, MRP parameters, EDI profiles, etc.). So, all of this configuration data does not flow through the BETMAS, and you need the config data, as well as the customer and vendor master data.

I've never done this, but it may be possible to create one or two sites that you know are perfect, then push them out via WBTE. Then you would have to take that file and copy the data using a find/replace method to put in your real site data, and bring it back into the same environment via WBTI. Obviously, you would need to try this in your sandbox first a few times before you ever hit your dev, Q/A or production environments... Hope this helps and good luck. Better yet, please prove me wrong, I will use your strategy and not have to key in my remaining 300.

-jcs