cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Deletion Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a issue, The client want to delete material from the material master. In the TCode MM06, I have made the material deletion flag. When I checked in MM02 it says that material is flaged at client level.

But the client requirement is that they want to delete the material permanently. I tried to do it in TCode SARA, but could not get it. When we check it in MM02 the message should be.." The material is no more exist ". Can any one give step by step process to delete the material permanently.

Valued respondents will be rewarded properly.

Babu.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Alternatively you can think of material being made inactive

T code OVSU Select 01 and click on its details

You will find a list of tabs

In that maintain the reqiired blocks( Right now i dont have access to SAP )

In that you can even block the material for procurement and save

Mow in MM02 sales org 1 tab for the field X distribution chain status assign this 01

By doing so you can make inactive

If you go to t code OVSU itself you can see all the options and will habve the idea

In this case material will be there but will be inactive

This also you can suggest to your client

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I did your suggested option. I have assigned "Sales Not possible" in MM02.. Now where we can get this effect?

Babu.P

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a sales order and see

You will not be able to create a sales order in any sales area

The system will not accept

T code OMS4

Here you can define material statuses

Here you go and click on its details and select whatever you want

In MMR in the purchasing tab general data tab plant specific material status is there

You can assign this here

Then it is blocked for procurement and also production

The earlier suggestion will take care of SD part and this will take care of MM part and ultimately material become useless

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 11, 2008 4:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

If you want to delete a material, first you have to mark the material for deletion and then you have to archive the materials.

Please check with,

[Archiving the Material Master|http://www.sap-img.com/bc003.htm]

[SAP Help - Archiving the Material|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/8d/3e59bc462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm]

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Just for knowledge-sake:

T. Code: MMDE - Delete all Material from the Client

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this:

Q: How can we delete materials permanently from Material master?

A: Use transaction MM70 - Material Master->Other->Reorganization->Material->Choose.

Build variant with selection range of material master records to be selected for deletion and maintain run parameters. Execute.

Use transaction MM71 - Material Master-> other-> Reorganization->Material->Reorganization

Build a second variant

Maintain run parameters and execute.

It is also important to remove the records manually from info record, POs, PRs, reservation etc for successful deletion of the material.

I have not tried this, obtained the thread from net.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I also got the same stuff from net, But I could not make it done. If any expert provide the step by step process, It will be worked out.

Babu.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Why don't you post this thread to MM forum, or do a search in MM forum. If you want to delete the materials permenantly from the system, what about already created orders / deleveries / POs ..etc.? This may lead to a data inconsistency.

Prase