cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create universe with a SAS dataset?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you create a universe from a SAS dataset?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

You don't mention what version of XI you are using, but I though I'd heard that 3.0 and above would start supporting it, somehow. The earlier versions (R2, etc) do not because there is no SAS to ODBC type connection that SAS affords. So it begs the question, why not use proc append in SAS and send the data to a SQL database? MySQL is free, and once you can ODBC via SAS to MySQL, then "problem" solved.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I confirm that we support SAS in BOE XI3.x.

To create a universe on SAS, you must first define the modeling part with Data Federator and then use the Data Federator connection you create in the universe.

Didier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fvan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

You can create a Universe connecting to SAS using Data Federator XI 3.0 or higher.

DF XI 3.0 is able to connect to SAS using their SAS/SHARE Server 9.1.3 component.

Once you have defined the connection, you can create a data foundation in Data Federator and leverage it in Universes.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you be able to provide a reference for the use case of accessing SAS data sets in place with Business Objects Data Federator and comment on how robust this solution is in comparison the the alternative of SAS Business Intelligence?

fvan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> Would you be able to provide a reference for the use case of accessing SAS data sets in place with Business Objects Data Federator and comment on how robust this solution is in comparison the the alternative of SAS Business Intelligence?

Very often our customers use SAS for its statistical capabilities where they create their models.

Our customers want to combine these models with their classic BI information and use our BI tools.

Data Federator solves this problem and let our customers to combine their SAS models with BI information in the same Data Federator data foundation. Once the data foundation is in place, they create a Universe and levereage our reporting and dashboarding tools.

I cannot comment on the SAS BI tools but the Data Federator connector is extremely robust and expose a fully compliant SQL interface on top of SAS which is fully leveraged by our tools.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks for you comments. Would it be possible for you to contact me at the email address contained on my business card?

Thanks and Best regards,

Trev