cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert sapgui.exe to .msi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert ,

How i can Convert sapgui.exe to .msi file. So that I can easlly diploy in all my client PC.

Thanks

manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You won't want to convert just sapgui.exe but a whole package.

You can use an installation server, create a package either

- distribute updates there and let the client install automatically or even push updates to the client

- create an .msi package from there.

Check the installation documentation that is on the SAPGUI CD.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marks ,

Thanks for your reply.I am using Installation server of Microsoft.

How .msi package create . Plesae help me step by step.

Marks Lot of thanks in Advance.

Thanks

Manu

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not really a SAP question. your Microsoft windows administrator should do that for you. let him handle this.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install the "SAPGUI Installation SErver"?

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> this is not really a SAP question. your Microsoft windows administrator should do that for you. let him handle this.

That can be done using the tools provided with the installation server - however, not a Microsoft Installation server but the SAPGUI provided one.

We do that for our external connected companies and it works great:)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marks.

Marks we are using one microsoft server. From that server we can Install Microsoft Office in Client PC . In MS Office .MSI file is there. Now we want to install SAP GUI from that server .But in SAP GUI installation is .exe file is there. So we require .msi file.

If sapgui.msi file in GUI setup . then we can Install SAP GUI in all client PC from Microsoft Server.

I want to diploy SAP GUI in my all Client PC.

Marks how can i install this SAPGUI in client PC.

Thanks

manu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to diploy SAP GUI in my all Client PC.

> Marks how can i install this SAPGUI in client PC.

I understand your problem and I can only again suggest you to read the SAPGUI Installation guide. SAPGUI comes with an Installation Server/Distribution Server (the server you have can be used). You install the GUI on a server share and use the administration tool to create a package with all the necessary parts of the GUI.

Then you can use the administration tool again to create an MSI package or you can use the administration tool to "push" the installation to the clients - as you want.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Markus. this is what we have done: create an installation server and simply add a call to the nwsapsetup with proper parameters in the login script of users.

example of a nwsapsetup call:

NwSapSetup.exe /Package="Users" /NoDLG

no .MSI was needed for this.

problem fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric,

Via this method GUI not installing.Basically we want to diploy SAP GUI in all my Client Workstation via

following method . For these method we required .MSI file.

Using Domain Level group policy in Windows environment.

or

Using SMS Server Software distribution method.

or

Using Windows deployment server as Application package with OS

Thanks

Manu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Via this method GUI not installing.Basically we want to diploy SAP GUI in all my Client Workstation via

> following method . For these method we required .MSI file.

>

> Using Domain Level group policy in Windows environment.

> or

> Using SMS Server Software distribution method.

> or

> Using Windows deployment server as Application package with OS

in all three methods you can use the above command to install the package.

And you can create you .msi package out of the Administration tool.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marks,

Plesae explain how we can create you .msi package out of the Administration tool.

Plesae Explain step by step.

Thanks

manu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again the question:

did you read the installation documentation?

- Start the admin tool

- select the package

- "Packages" - "Compress to Single File installer"

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look in the SETUP directory of your SAPGUI installation server. you will find file named Installation Server Help.chm

open it, read it completely. after you have done this, come back here if you still have questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to interrupt guys, but I find this thread very funny !

It seems to me as "a discussion between deaf people"

For what it's worth we use Microsoft SMS to distribute the sapgui package in my company.

We don't have the choice to use SAP installation server because it is a company policy.

It is very time consuming and very difficult to make a correct sapgui SMS package.

It takes at least 1 full month for one SMS expert. They always tell us that sapgui (with BEX) is the most difficult SMS package they have ever done...

But it works !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same feeling, in fact this was better than lots of threads in coffee corner (I´m still smiling) "step by step" to create an SMS installation Package is not that easy and this is a SAP forum not Microsoft so I suggest better to put this question in some other place, or better, why not write something like "creating SMS packages" in Google and get some "step by step" info.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manu wants to get full detailed procedure and does not want to do his own research.

Can, we provide him wanted answers. This is called spoon feeding. Markus and me gave him the necessary information to do his work. now, it's time for him to do a little bit of work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

>Manu wants to get full detailed procedure and does not want to do his own research.

Exactly, that's what I found funny. And I found that you and Markus are very patient and very nice with Manu !

Regards,

Olivier

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's see if he ever comes back on this issue. I just hope that he will read the document. That will help him help himself.

Answers (0)