cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After bean deployment, no entires in JNDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I'll start a new thread for this, even though all my problems are revolving around getting a simple RFC to work.

I have created my Java module project - it matches the template Piers supplied in antoher thread. I created the .ear and deployed the bean successfully. However, when I look at the JNDI directory with the Visual Administrator, there are no entries for the name of my bean, or under the JNDI name I also supplied for the bean.

If it's of any help, here are the xml files:

application-j2ee-engine.xml:

<application-j2ee-engine>

<reference

reference-type="hard">

<reference-target

provider-name="sap.com"

target-type="library">com.sap.mw.jco</reference-target>

</reference>

<provider-name>sap.com</provider-name>

<fail-over-enable

mode="disable"/>

</application-j2ee-engine>

application.xml:

<application>

<display-name>zRFCSampleEar</display-name>

<description>EAR description</description>

<module>

<ejb>zRFCSampleEjb.jar</ejb>

</module>

</application>

ejb-j2ee-engine.xml:

<ejb-j2ee-engine>

<description>

</description>

<enterprise-beans>

<enterprise-bean>

<ejb-name>Z_RFC_SampleBean</ejb-name>

<jndi-name>Z_RFC_SAMPLE</jndi-name>

<session-props/>

</enterprise-bean>

</enterprise-beans>

</ejb-j2ee-engine>

ejb-jar.xml:

<ejb-jar>

<description>EJB JAR description</description>

<display-name>EJB JAR</display-name>

<enterprise-beans>

<session>

<ejb-name>Z_RFC_SampleBean</ejb-name>

<home>zRFCSample.Z_RFC_SampleHome</home>

<remote>zRFCSample.Z_RFC_Sample</remote>

<local-home>zRFCSample.Z_RFC_SampleLocalHome</local-home>

<local>zRFCSample.Z_RFC_SampleLocal</local>

<ejb-class>zRFCSample.Z_RFC_SampleBean</ejb-class>

<session-type>Stateless</session-type>

<transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>

</session>

</enterprise-beans>

</ejb-jar>

I have also specified a JNDI name for the bean of Z_RFC_SAMPLE.

Anybody got any ideas I can try?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an update on the status of this problem, which prompts yet other questions:

Rereading one of Stefan's answers in another thread, I saw that for the entries I need to be put in the JNDI directory, not only did the deployment have to be successful (which it was), but the "application needed to be running". Using Visual Administrator, under the Deploy>Server>EJBContainer, I saw that my bean had a big, fat red 'X' beside it. I took that to mean that it wasn't running. I clicked the button for "Start Application" and voila! I am now communicating with my RFM bean!

Here's my new questions: how come the application (my bean) wasn't "running"? I want it to run when the server is started - is there some way to specify that?

Thanks for your help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

first of all it's nice, that you managed it finally. According your question:

An application is normally started after deployment by the corresponding container (EJB/Web..) without any user (administrator) interaction. On server restart, all already deployed apps are also restarted.

The start can fail in both cases for many reasons, like missing applications, services, libraries... the starting application refers to.

Please have a look at the "Log Viewer" service in the visual admin and open the log 8:defaultTrace.trc under the server node. There should be some entries describing the problem(s) why your actual app couldn't be started.

To reproduce the problem you could remove your app using the Deploy service in the visual admin, redeploy it, check, if it has been started and look at the log again.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan