cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change message v1 501 to be an error message ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

When i use VA01 creating a sales order reference to contact, if sales order's quantity is larger than contact's quantity, the system gives an warning message :

Target qty of reference: 100 PC (total referenced: 101 PC)

Message no. V1501

I can't find V1 501 with tcode OVAH , anyone knows how to change Warning to Error for this message?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wayne

It is not advicable to change the standard messge V1501 from warning to error. Instead go to VOV7, select your item category and execute. There maintain "B" for the field "Completion Rule". Now retry the process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

Hi Dwarkesh Thakkar:

I don't have Industry Solution Oil & Gas package installed on my system.

Hi Amit Yadav:

Change standard program will be my last option.

Hi Lakshmipathi:

I have changed item's Completion Rule to "B" , and maintain copy ctrl rule include the item type . But it didn't work . Is there any special setting i missed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wayne,

I try to provide, Best-Solution, instead of go round-and-round, worth for nothing.

You may consult any senior person, at your end. You need to do changes in Standard Code for Message Class: V1.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Amit Yadav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

W Weng

You to go VA42 -- header - sales in that you will find qty tab there you fine the value is W change it to E.

In SPRO find contract restriction in that against yr contract type in the field of qty make E in place of W.

I don't remember the exact path but just find what I told it will solve yr proble.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Yadav:

SE91 -> change what? I only find i can change description there .

Hi MM :

OVAH is your path, i didn't find this message.

Hi Dwarkesh Thakkar:

VA42 ... i'm sorry can you give me some details . no qty tab, only find Sale A tab where can input qty number and no where to change W to E .

Anyway, thank you all for your replies!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in header --- sales.

Have you find in SPRO what I told you?

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear wayne,

Please refer to my post (3rd post):

[Message Control - Warning/ Error|;

Your Message V1 501, can't be customized to Error from Warning, in customizing. Instead, chnages needs be done in Standard Code, to achieve the same.

Best Reagrds,

Amit.

Note: I think, following thread have the same relevance;

[Message control|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

W Weng

In contract you can do this go to

> Header --- sales -- in that you will have Call-of order restriction in that you will find quntity rest. there you pur E.

OR in spro follow the path

Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream) --- MCOE (Marketing, Contracts and Order Entry) --- Define contract restrictions then select your sales doc type there you will find qty. columan there you put E.

Hope this will help you.

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Follow the path SPRO-Sales & Distribution-Sales-Sales documents-Define variable messages.

Here for your message number,change message category from W to E(warning to Error)

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wayne,

T. Code: SE91

Message Class: V1

Message No.: 501

click either "Display - to view" or "Change - to change"

Best Regards,

Amit