cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts size distortion in crystalreportsviewer asp.net 1.1 with CR XI r2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a difficult time getting the fonts on certain reports to display in the right size. I have already tried by-passing crystalreportviewer but still the fonts are coming out compressed (around .5 points less than required).

Would really aprreciate some help here.

Rgds,

Umer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the service pack level of CR XI R2?

I would suggest you to install the latest service pack i.e. [SP4|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crystal_reports_en.asp#CRXIR2].

Also is the fonts are correct in the designer?

Sincerely,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently on SP2 installing 3 + propably 4

In the crystal viewer fonts appear normal its only in the asp.net crystalreportviewer that the distortion appears. Does it have anything to do with the default user settings in Regional and Language Options ?

Thanks again for your help.

Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have patched my CR XI to SP4 and I am still getting the font distortion.

Any help will be appreciated.

Rgds,

Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umer,

The Font distortion might be due to the resolution factor of the screen. Thus, depending on how the resolution is set up, the font may look different.Try to change resolution.

For example a screen displays 800 x 600 (there's more pixels in the vertical direction) while a printer prints 600 x 600. On the screen the font of the vertical text appears taller and skinnier than the horizontal text but on the printer the font on the vertical and horizontal text are alike.

When you export or print report do you get the same behaviour with fonts?

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

even when I import the report in another format (pdf,rtf,etc...) I have the font eaten away (normally .5 point).

Only the format word (modifiable) is showing the right size. Obviously I have already tried increasing the fonts but then the modifiable word document has .5 excessive font !!

Rgds,

Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with this:

Go to the following registry sub key:

HKEY_USERS\[your security profile]\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf

Right-click the sub key and click New > DWORD Value. Name the DWORD value "ForceLargerFonts" and set it to the value of 1.

Restart IIS, and try to run application again.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Done that but the problem persists. This is really hopeless !!

I wasn't expecting this issue to dominate my work for such a long time...

Best,

Umer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

search for the font registry key to not reduce the size in forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

After having lost considerable time and energy on this below the exact solution give by SAP after having bought a ticket.

This is a known issue with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2005 and has been assigned track ID ADAPT00638597.

To work around this issue:

1. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard, then click the Task Manager button. Click the Processes tab. The security account is listed beside your process name (for IIS 5 the process name is aspnet_wp.exe and for IIS 6 it is w3wp.exe).

2. Open the registry editor. On the Start menu, click Run then type "regedit" and click OK.

3. Navigate to the following registry sub key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

There will be a number of keys here that start with "S-1-5". Inspect each one and look for your security account name in the ProfileImagePath entry. Take note of the key (folder) you are on when you find your process.

4. Go to the following registry sub key:

HKEY_USERS\[your security profile]\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf

5. Right-click the sub key and click New > DWORD Value. Name the DWORD value "ForceLargerFonts" and set it to the value of 1.

6. Restart IIS, and try the application again.

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally this issue only impacts reports exported to Adobe PDF format. For those interested this is documented in note [1207181|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes%7B6163636573733d36393736354636443646363436353344333933393338323636393736354637333631373036453646373436353733354636453735364436323635373233443330333033303331333233303337333133383331%7D.do].

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/notes