Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 6.0 on MS SQL 2005 not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

System ERP 6.0

DB: MS SQL 2005

Try startup SAP System, but dispatcher stopped.

Work process are died...

In wp00 log next:

M Wed Dec 10 15:42:32 2008

M calling db_connect ...

C Thread ID:1860

C Thank You for using the SLOLEDB-interface

C Using dynamic link library 'E:\usr\sap\E01\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbmssslib.dll'

C dbmssslib.dll patch info

C patchlevel 0

C patchno 144

C patchcomment MSSQL: ODBC fastload on separate connection (1131805)

C np:(local) connection used on STG-PTP-R3

C CopyLocalParameters: dbuser is 'e01'

C Using Provider SQLNCLI

C OpenOledbConnection: MARS property was set successfully.

C Provider Release:9.00.2047.00

C Using Provider SQLNCLI

C OpenOledbConnection: line 23715. hr: 0x8000ffff Communication link failure

C sloledb.cpp [OpenOledbConnection,line 23715]: Error/Message: (err 233, sev 0), Communication link failure

C Procname: [OpenOledbConnection - no proc]

C sloledb.cpp [OpenOledbConnection,line 23715]: Error/Message: (err 233, sev 0), Named Pipes Provider: РЎ РѕРu00B1РѕРёСu2026 РєРѕРЅСu2020РѕРІ РєРu00B0РЅРu00B0Рu00BBРu00B0 РѕСu201AСЃСѓСu201AСЃСu201AРІСѓСЋСu201A РїСЂРѕСu2020Рu00B5СЃСЃСu2039.

C sloledb.cpp [OpenOledbConnection,line 23715]: Error/Message: (err 0, sev 0), Invalid connection string attribute

C Using Provider SQLNCLI

C sloledb.cpp [OpenOledbConnection,line 23715]: Error/Message: (err 233, sev 0), Communication link failure

C sloledb.cpp [OpenOledbConnection,line 23715]: Error/Message: (err 233, sev 0), Named Pipes Provider: РЎ РѕРu00B1РѕРёСu2026 РєРѕРЅСu2020РѕРІ РєРu00B0РЅРu00B0Рu00BBРu00B0 РѕСu201AСЃСѓСu201AСЃСu201AРІСѓСЋСu201A РїСЂРѕСu2020Рu00B5СЃСЃСu2039.

C sloledb.cpp [OpenOledbConnection,line 23715]: Error/Message: (err 0, sev 0), Invalid connection string attribute

C Using Provider SQLNCLI

C failed to establish conn. 1

B ***LOG BY2=> sql error -1 performing CON [dbsh#2 @ 1204] [dbsh 1204 ]

B ***LOG BY0=> Communication link failure [dbsh#2 @ 1204] [dbsh 1204 ]

B ***LOG BY2=> sql error -1 performing CON [dblink#5 @ 431] [dblink 0431 ]

B ***LOG BY0=> Communication link failure [dblink#5 @ 431] [dblink 0431 ]

M ***LOG R19=> ThInit, db_connect ( DB-Connect 000256) [thxxhead.c 1440]

M in_ThErrHandle: 1

M *** ERROR => ThInit: db_connect (step 1, th_errno 13, action 3, level 1) [thxxhead.c 10468]

What's it mean?

I have a little experience with SQL Server...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the same problem. I probe with your solutions but i can't solve it.

I note that database Schema name is diferent a work process tries to connect, How can i rename this schema name for solve it?

Thanks for your help,

Conrado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

if you have changed the Administrator or SAPadm or sapservices password then check it out in services of ms sql and change the logon password there and same you do for sap services. Some times this may happen when you change the password., so keep record of this., if this is not the case then the installation problem of DB.

Reg;

Ahmed.S

=======

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

C sloledb.cpp : Error/Message: (err 233, sev 0), Named Pipes Provider: РЎ РѕР±РѕРёСu2026 РєРѕРЅСu2020РѕРІ канала РѕСu201AСЃСѓСu201AСЃСu201AРІСѓСЋСu201A РїСЂРѕСu2020ессСu2039.

This is a very strange connect string.

What happened prior to that error? What did you do?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

unexpected shutdown

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see..

so does the "R3trans -d" as user <sid>adm (not administrator) work?

Is your database completely started? Check with SQL Server Enterprise Manager the state.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did this...

R3trans -d successful. Return code (0000)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP connecting to Database successfully.

Kindly update Kernel and try to start SAP Instance.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, now I'm download latest kernel and upgrade it. Customer have a very slow internet :(((

But I doubt that this will help

In part of log:

"C sloledb.cpp OpenOledbConnection,line 23715: Error/Message: (err 233, sev 0), Named Pipes Provider: РЎ РѕР±РѕРёСu2026 РєРѕРЅСu2020РѕРІ канала РѕСu201AСЃСѓСu201AСЃСu201AРІСѓСЋСu201A РїСЂРѕСu2020ессСu2039.

C Procname: OpenOledbConnection - no proc

C sloledb.cpp OpenOledbConnection,line 23715: Error/Message: (err 0, sev 0), Invalid connection string attribute

C Procname: OpenOledbConnection - no proc"

said about "Invalid connection string"... may be issue in this? Where I can see this connection string ?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> said about "Invalid connection string"... may be issue in this? Where I can see this connection string

You can try to use the method in

Note 551915 - R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy

(and/or the STM tools) to reconfigure the connect string.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrade SAP Kernel did not effect.

I'm try in SQL Server Management Studio right click mouse on Database and choose Properties, but

see next error:

Failed to connect to server STG-PTP-R3. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Additional information:

-> A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the

login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error:0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upgrade SAP Kernel did not effect.

I was expecting that...

Failed to connect to server STG-PTP-R3. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Additional information:

-> A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the

login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error:0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)

Yes - because the connect string is (still) wrong - and the above note (although not written for your problem) can help to correct that.

If you don´t wanna do this alone open an OSS call under BC-DB-MSS.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this a new installation, if so is it started all fresh or from upgrade.

If this is not new installation what are the activities executed that has affected the database, i feel no process on other end of pipe which was something related to non-existence of shadow process at database level for the process from SAP.

See also the amount of free space available and what was the LOG file size since this grow enormously in MSS.

Go thru the links

[http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3940600&SiteID=17]

[http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/07/26/678596.aspx]

have you installed the MSSQL supportpacks provided by SAP along with MSSQL database, i feel problem in database installation, this DB is not tuned in accordance to SAP.

Regards....

Edited by: Sita Rr Uppalapati on Dec 11, 2008 8:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are connecting to your database with Management Studio or Enterprise Manager with <SAPSID>adm user can you get your database as default database ?

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

I'm fix it. After unexpected shutdown all environment variables for user Administrator erased...

Now SAP started succesful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the following steps

Check whether databse is working or not.

If databse problem is not there then check SAP services are working or not if no,then recreate the services .

If you are restoring the database in different SID then only u need to apply note 551915 - R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy.

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the following steps

Check whether databse is working or not.

If databse problem is not there then check SAP services are working or not if no,then recreate the services .

If you are restoring the database in different SID then only u need to apply note 551915 - R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy.

Regards,

Digambar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the database running?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm start:

SQL Server

SQL Server Agent

in SQL Server Configuration Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your database is running fine then try this from command prompt r3trans -d and if return code is 0 then sap succesfully conecting with database.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.