Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clarification on Shipping calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need some clarification on shipping calendar and factory calendar,

1) What is the difference between calendar which we maintain in shipping point and factory calendar in plant.

2) If the calendar`s are different in shipping point and factory calendar point then if we assign the shipping point to plant how system responds.

I mean which one system will consider for holidays?

for example : plant is holiday on 31st and shipping department works on 31st

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

To make it simple, calender in shipping point is used in delivery scheduling to propose the confirmed delivery date. If Dec 10th is defined as a holiday in the factory calender in shipping point, then system will take the next working date in calculating the dates. (I hope you know that delivery scheduling has GI date, loading date, pick pack date, material availability date & that system also does backward & forward scheduling basing on the time maintained)

But calender assigned in the plant has relevance to the production scheduling. To propose by what date can the materials can be manufactured or made ready for further processing.

REgards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i know, in that case, the production is not ok in 31th, but the shipping relative works can be done in 31th, like said above picking,...delivery.

it means calendar in shipping point is relative to sd outbound arrangement, while the calendar in plant controls the mrp planning and production.

but generally, that doesn't mean you can create outbound delivery with no calendar maintained in plant. in case of absence, the system will give out error message requiring the maintenance of it and will not confirm any quantity able to be delivered. i am not very sure the reason of that, but i suppose it's because the system need the plant calendar to calculate the atp quantity. if the stock is not enough, the system will calculate the production time to decide when the full quantiy is available and then the system can give out the proposed delivery date.

for example, if the plant needs three days to produce, tomorrow is monday and is a non-workday, the days after are all workdays, for the plant. the system will tell you that the material availability date is friday. from that day on, you can arrange the picking, packing etc. if friday is not the workday of the shipping point, then the shipping relative dates will begin from saturday: picking at saturday, packing at sunday, loading on monday, and deliver to customer on tuesday.

hope that helps and please double check.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roopa,

Factory Calendar at Plant

T. Code: OP03 - Maintain Calendar (Public, Holiday, Factory) & Assign at Plant

Alternatively, you may also assign Factory Calendar at Plant, in T. Code: OX10

Every plant in SAP can have its own calendar that defines plant working days. This calendar is used by planning functions to determine whether a particular day is working one or not. You can see the effects if, for example, you try to create a delivery schedule on Sunday, and the system says that actually the next working day is another one, say Monday.

Now, coming to your question...

Just read the following Statement -

We have two different production lines with different operations. One production line works 5 days a week and the other 7 days a week. The factory calendar is assigned to the plant for 5 days a week. This calendar is checked when MRP is run. How can we assign 5 day a week and 7 days a week against a factory calendar to the related resources? Is it possible to have two types of calendars?

The answer to your question and above statement is:

Assign factory calendars to the work centers i.e. Shipping Point

Hope, this may help you.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Factory calendar for shipping point will have an impact on pick, pack and all necessary delivery transaction through shipping point .

The working days maintained in the factory calendar are the only days for the functionality of the activities like Picking, packing, goods issue and so on.

based on the factory calendar the above activities go on...

Thanks!

Preethi