cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATEGORY field in SLFN Support Ticket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know how to make the CATEGORY field mandatory in the SLFN Support Ticket

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said in the previous thread you can do it through abap coding.

you can make the category field mandatory by putting validation in the related BADI in the CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE interface.

we have implemented the same for SDCR.

giving you the sample code which we implemented for status.

IF ( lt_user_status-status EQ 'E0001' OR lt_user_status-status EQ 'E0007' OR lt_user_status-status EQ 'E0008' )

AND lv_crmt_activity_h_wrk-category IS INITIAL.

CONCATENATE 'Please enter the value in Category field.' 'Please double click to change on any approver field'

INTO l_message SEPARATED BY space.

MESSAGE l_message TYPE 'E'.

ENDIF.

Hope this will help you.

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you tell me for transaction type SLFN where to find a BADI 'check before save'.

BADI CRM_ORDERADM_H_BADI performs checks on each change in a transaction type. So far ok, but as import parameter I only have the guid of the current message, NOT the changed fields and it's new contents.

In the upper part of the general program I do find an itab with the current selected status, but of course, these changed fields are not passed on as import parameters in this badi CRM_ORDERADM_H_BADI.

So, is there another BADI for this purpose? Or is there any method or so to find out the changed fields of the support message? And even if I have this info, is there a nice way to pass on an error to the user in order to mention field 'priority' is mandatory?

thanks,

Maggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a common BADI named ORDER_SAVE which is used for implementing all the validations.

According to your requirement user cannot save the support message without entering the category that is the reason we are applying the logic in the CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE interface of the badi ORDER_SAVE.

Similarly you can do for the priority field also in the same BADI.

Hope this helps.

regards

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

That's a big start. But I notice again that I only have the guid as import parameter. How do I know then the values of changed fields? Is there a method which renders the changed fields + saved and new values of these fields, based on a guid of the message?

thanks again!

Maggie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know when you want to make this field mandatory. e.g. changing the status. ?

How do you change the status, by clicking status button or using action button?

You can implement BADIs for the same, and it can be done using ABAP coding.

regards,

mahantesh