cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA Framework: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:bad major version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we deploy the application in Netweaver J2EE prospective, it has been deployed successfuly and now we are in the process of running the application, Finally added missing dependency files or SCA files to the track and resolve our deployment problem, but its giving ISA Framework error while testing the application in front end through portal browser . And its giving below mentioned error message .

ISA Framework: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/sap/wfm/action/Logon) bad major version at offset=6

Is it related to SCA files version problem where we added to Track? or is it JDK version problem?

For java we use the same version.

Could you please clarify my issue, what is bad major version problem.

Thanks

Gopi Naidu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens when JDK version used by CBS fro build is different from the JDK version in the runtime.

Make your JDK on NWDS, CBS and the targets system the same.

You can have more than one JDK installed on NWDS computer and CBS and use config settings to tell which one to use for the build.

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response slava,

In CBS using IBM JRE 1.4.2. with UNIX based environment for deploying or running the application , so there is no chance to build the application in CBS server, Remotely there is a server which is deploy the application.

In NWDS we traid to use Sun jdk1.5.0_15 , jdk 1.4.2.12 and even with IBM 1.4.2 select as compliance level 1.4 but we are unable to solve our problem, so we are deploying the application in remote server, its giving successful deployment, but while running though portal link its giving below mentioned error.

ISA Framework: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/sap/wfm/action/Logon) bad major version at offset=6

Here we using struts framework "STRUTS01_0-10003646.SCA" SCA file.

Here my point is.....In CBS we are not build the application, and its only mentioned for deploy the applicaton, so where you need "JDK version used by CBS for build is different from the JDK version in the runtime" and moreover this CBS server is central server which is depend for multiple application, so we are unable to change the JRE version, if we change it will effect multiple applications.

We got only SCA file in CD and deployed in server its working, but while accessing through NWDS its getting problem, If it is JDK version problem why it is running, even its in IBM JRE 1.4.2 and developed application is in sun jdk 1.5.

Give me the clear clarificaction where we need to change.

Is only jdk verson problem ?

or any SCA file version problem.

or any configuration setting in server side.

where we exactly lack in , Not provided proper version information to create a track ? or Not proparly configured the application in server with exact versions or what ?.

Could you please clarify us, its very critical, waiting for your valuable reply...

Thanks in advance.

Gopi Naidu. B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Slava,

In CBS using IBM JRE 1.4.2. with UNIX based environment for deploying or running the application , so there is no chance to build the application in CBS server, Remotely there is a server which is deploy the application.

In NWDS we traid to use Sun jdk1.5.0_15 , jdk 1.4.2.12 and even with IBM 1.4.2 select as compliance level 1.4 but we are unable to solve our problem, so we are deploying the application in remote server, its giving successful deployment, but while running though portal link its giving below mentioned error.

Here we using struts framework "STRUTS01_0-10003646.SCA" SCA file.

Here my point is.....In CBS we are not build the application, and its only mentioned for deploy the applicaton, so where you need "JDK version used by CBS for build is different from the JDK version in the runtime" and moreover this CBS server is central server which is depend for multiple application, so we are unable to change the JRE version, if we change it will effect multiple applications.

We got only SCA file in CD and deployed in server its working, but while accessing through NWDS its getting problem, If it is JDK version problem why it is running, even its in IBM JRE 1.4.2 and developed application is in sun jdk 1.5.

Give me the clear clarificaction where we need to change.

Is only jdk verson problem ?

or any SCA file version problem.

or any configuration setting in server side.

where we exactly lack in , Not provided proper version information to create a track ? or Not proparly configured the application in server with exact versions or what ?.

Could you please clarify us, its very critical, waiting for your valuable reply...

Thanks in advance.

Gopi Naidu. B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi Naidu. B,

What is exact version of JDK on the server you are deploying to?

What is exact of JDK you use in NWDS to build?

If you cannot make changes in JDK for CBS, make you JDK version of NWDS build the same as the server you are deploying to and use direct deployment.

Do not try to build with JDK 1.5 and deploy it to the server with JVM running under 1.4.XX!

These links can be of some help:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=20184692&messageID=4364661

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=20184692&messageID=6132706

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=20184692&messageID=6136943

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=20184692&messageID=3872160

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Slava,

JDK on server side -

> J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX build ca142-20070708 (SR9) (JIT enabled: jitc)

JDK on NWDS -

>J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Window 32 build cn142ifx-20060209 (SR4-1) (JIT enabled: jitc)

So i have instaled in IBM 1.4.2 in NWDS, but its giving "This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.sql.Date" Error, Our WFM application using one WebDynpro Code generated class file using java.sql.Date function, So we configured SUN 1.4.2.12 rt.jar file to the NWDS, and it has been resolved, but getting the same problem "ISA Framework: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/sap/wfm/action/Logon) bad major version at offset=6".

If this is Date funcition problem please give me suggestion on how to resolve Sun java.sql.Date in IBM version.

Is i am using same java version for both side?

Thanks slava,

Gopi Naidu. B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Slava,

JDK on server side -

> J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX build ca142-20070708 (SR9) (JIT enabled: jitc)

JDK on NWDS -

>J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Window 32 build cn142ifx-20060209 (SR4-1) (JIT enabled: jitc)

So i have instaled in IBM 1.4.2 in NWDS, but its giving "This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.sql.Date" Error, Our WFM application using one WebDynpro Code generated class file using java.sql.Date function, So we configured SUN 1.4.2.12 rt.jar file to the NWDS, and it has been resolved, but getting the same problem "ISA Framework: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/sap/wfm/action/Logon) bad major version at offset=6".

If this is Date funcition problem please give me suggestion on how to resolve Sun java.sql.Date in IBM version.

Is i am using same java version for both side?

Thanks slava,

Gopi Naidu. B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Did you resolve it finally? We are getting similar error and we are very keen to know how you might have resolved this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

The above is resolved. I modified java classpath on NWDS start, in all project properties and also in dcdef properties file. If you need more information, let me know. I also figured out that we actually tried for the same project.

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gopi,

I am also facing same problem. In my server we have installed JDK version:

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.3)

IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.3 AIX ppc64-64 j9ap64142-20090310 (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20090309_31291_BHdSMr

JIT  - 20090210_1447ifx1_r

In my Desktop(NWDS)  I have installed JDK provided by Sun/oracle:

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2-b28)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-b28, mixed mode)

I am able to deploy the application successfully but when I run the application in the portal it throwing following Error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/sap/xss/per/helpers/CcHelper)

bad major version at offset=6.

In fact I have done nothing in development, just I imported Development Configuration and created a project on a DC then I deployed it in the server. I didn't modify any thing just deployed the DC it throwing the above error.

Please help me to fix  this problem.

Thanks and Regards

shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos