cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

probels installing new license key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have problems while installing new license key on my NSP demo system. Is not the first time I've done it.

I have to logged in with SAP* because license has expired.

Go to transaction SLICENSE and, after requesting new license key, next error appears when trying to install it.

This system's system number is "000000000311048508", but there is a license key for system number "000000000311107510" in the license key file.

Does anyone how to proced in order to install it correctly?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

FabioPagoti
Active Contributor

I got the same problem and could solve it.

First, I tried to delete the entries from table SAPLIKEY but it didn't work.

Next, I tried to generate more licences but it also didn't.

BUT.. when i opened the file with notepad and changed the "SYSTEM-NR" value (at the end of the .txt) to the correct system-number (which is displayed in the error message) it worked!!

I hope it can work for you too.. see ya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue and followed your instructions...modified the license key text file and entered the correct system number and it worked! Awesome. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, its also work for me.

0 Kudos

Hi

Sapnote below was the perfect resolution for me. I have struggled on and off during system copies with getting "wrong system number" in the license file.

Solution is simply to delete ALL licenses in "SLICENCE" before applying new one.

When deleting all licenses system number becomes empty and will be installed with the correct system number.

I have as a workaround modified the license file many times but got tired of this and wanted to do this the "official way". Hope it helps others.

836348 - License key: "This system's system number is ..."

Nuno_Raposo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and fixed it deleting the old license types using Operating System commands:

saplicense -show

To show de defenition of old licenses

saplicense -delete

To delete it.

Then I was able to apply the new one with transaction SLICENCE.

Regards

gopi_sagi
Explorer
0 Kudos

After adjusting the License file I am able to install the license without any issues.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same error. After I changed the system number "000000000311107510" in the license file to "000000000311048508", the problem is fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Howie, I fixed my license issue by applying your fix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the Hardware Key of NSP demo and License Key(NSP.txt) is same or not. If not then replace it with current system NSP Hardware Key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Big THX for this thread - I had the same problem and solved it with these informations.

Cheers

DieterA

Edited by: dieter_a on Jun 28, 2011 11:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can manually change the sys nr in the license text file or login with a user that has enough authorizations, delete the old license and install the new 1. Sometimes SAP* user allows to delete and re-create a new license in Slicense Tcode.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just delete the entries in the table SAPLIKEY, then you will be able to apply the new license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Just delete the entries in the table SAPLIKEY, then you will be able to apply the new license.

this worked fine for me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

System is NSP, downloaded from SDN.

In [http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm|http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm] you can not inform system number, only "Hardware key" and "System ID".

I've tried with both NSP options in System ID, NSP SAP Netweaver 2004s (up to SP8) and NSP SAP Netweaver 7.0/2004s (SP9 and higher).

The first one is the older version of SAP licenses, so I tried via "old licenceses" button in SLICENSE transaction, and the other one is the newer one.

But both ways are incorrect for me.

Any other suggestion?

markushagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you delete the old invalid license anyway?

Be careful: deleting of license is not valid for SAP*. Do this with another user with SAP_ALL.

Once I had the same problem and solve it by deleting the old license before installing the new one.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

the problem is that license already expired, so I can't log into SAP with any other user instead of SAP*.

markushagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

can you install a temporary license?

This should bring you back to a system with an valid license and then you could fortunately delete the old invalid license.

My problem is that my last login is longer then 4 weeks ago. And this is an important fact to create a temporary license. If the last login is longer than 4 weeks ago, then there is noch valid license check available and that's my failure...

Now I can't create a tem lic and can't even delete and install other licenses...

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your license key file's system number is different from your system's system number,so it is wrong.Just request a new license key file with your system's system number '000000000311048508'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we faced this error many time due to the wrong information if we submit SAP for a new license this error is coming, so just make sure that all the information which you sent for a license is correct.

Regards

Subhash