Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping lookups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have requirement like this:

XI will pick a flat file in which we have a particular field with customer no in one of the fields pertaining to SAP but I need to replace this customer no with the 3rd party customer no which is maintained in a table in SAP.

There will be around 1500 records maintained in the table and the file can contain morethan 50000 records or even more

If we do a RFC lookup to this table from XI will there be any performance issues??? can anyone suggest me if there are any alternatives in this regards.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!!!

Rgds,

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we do a RFC lookup to this table from XI will there be any performance issues??? can anyone suggest me if there are any alternatives in this regards.

seems there will be...if 5000 records you want to compare at one time.....if the records values are going to be constant why don't you for fixedvalue or value mapping....

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the replies..

again when we use value mapping as suggested I will have approx 1500 records related to the customers in the table. I don't think it is best to use value mapping in this regards. any suggestions on this?

Or Can we use an abap program to convert this values and then XI will pick the file?

Regards,

James

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it is best to use value mapping

Thats the case I was trying to explain. You will have performance impact in one way or another. However, you may be interested to check Value mapping replication

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to use RFC lookUp in a better way using global container and data in tables.

Thanks!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James ...

I think it is not clear from you post which direction the file is going in or the protocols used.

Is this SAP Flat File Extract -> XI -> 3rd Party ?

If so if you are producing the file via a Z program then do the translation in the ABAP (Or User Exit if you are using IDOC or Proxy class if using Proxy). This is the most performant and most relaible.

Is this 3rd Party Flat File -> XI -> SAP

If so then you can use RFC to do the translation I have used this before with files more then 1000 items with a performance of seconds to post the 1000 IDOC's. In this case I did an RFC per line but as suggested above it might be better to use tables as import and export on the RFC call. I did not update to this as I did not have a problem with performance and as a wise man once told me, only address performance if it is an issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't think so...abap mapping will slow down the process...as value mapping is going happen at java stack ..which i feel wud be better option as compare to abap..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may use recordsets per message in file content conversion to limit the no. of records and append the file.

Thanks,

Beena.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If we do a RFC lookup to this table from XI will there be any performance issues???

Answer is yes. But do you have any alternative? Other option could be use of BPM for sync RFC call, which will create similar performance impact.

Or you may try to retriece the values using value mapping .

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think RFC look up is the right option but for the better performance use Tables for import Export parameter and make use of global container to avoid multiple RFC lookup everytime.

Thanks!