cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Build Failed Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are working on NWDI to customise some of the ESS Development Components. We have recently

installed NWDI and have created two tracks for ESS Software Component.

We were successfull in accessing the tracks from NWDS as well. After identifying the relevant DC that

needs to be modified, I have selected the "Create Project" option from the context menu. After a while, it

was throwing the follwing error messages. But I have no idea of what that is. Could anyone help me in

resolving this issue. I would appreciate your help.

10-Dec-2008 12:04:56 /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]]
 ERROR: ess/tra/tre: Build failed for sap.com/ess/tra/tre(sap.com_SAP_ESS_1) in variant "default":
 Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb.

------------------------------------- Build log ----------------------------------------------------
Development Component Build (2008-12-10 12:04:56)
Component name: ess/tra/tre
Component vendor: sap.com
SC compartment: sap.com_SAP_ESS_1
Configuration: EPD_XSSTrack_D
Source code location: http://******/dtr/ws/XSSTrack/sap.com_SAP_ESS/dev/inactive/DCs/sap.com/ess/tra/tre/_comp/
DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\*********\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\ess\tra\tre\_comp\
DC type: Web Dynpro
Host: F-508CH1J

DC Model check:
All used DCs are available locally
ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro.
DC not found in DC syncdb.
Build failed with errors.

10-Dec-2008 12:04:56 /userOut/Development Component 
(com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]]
ERROR: ess/tra/tre: Build failed for sap.com/ess/tra/tre(sap.com_SAP_ESS_1) in variant "default":
Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro
------------------------------------- Build log ------------------------------------------------------

We have been trying to resolve this issue from a long time and were unsuccessfull. Please help me

resolving this.

Regards,

PG.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

before selecting "Create Project", Select "Sync xxx" option and it will pop up the box to select the all used DC in that DC to syncronize, select all and do Syncronization. this will syncronize and make available all used DC's under your DC.

After it is successfull then you have select "Create Project".

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have done that as well and I got the following error message..

Web Dynpro Generation: java.lang.Exception: Problem running compiled template used for generating :/Documents and 
Settings/finepyarlagadda/.dtc/0/DCs/sap.com/ess/tra/tre/_comp/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/tra/tre/
vc/generaldata/wdp/InternalGeneralDataView.java: null, C:/Documents and 
Settings/finepyarlagadda/.dtc/0/DCs/sap.com/ess/tra/tre/_comp/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/tra/tre/
vc/generaldata/wdp/InternalGeneralDataView.java

Do you think this problem is because of some "Dependencies" not being declared properly while defining them at the time of Configuring NWDI. Please let me know about it. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

Edited by: PG on Dec 10, 2008 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U mean build is getting failed after applying changes or immeddialtely after creating project from track?

If if it immediately creating project, there may be some dependencies which are not imported into track properly.

If it is after applying the changes, then try rebuild, refactor, close project and close nwds and open it again.

Let me know what is the status?

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am getting the errors immediately after "Create Project".

But I am not aware of the dependencies that need to be imported in to the track. How do I find out the dependencies for my Software component (ESS 600). I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I think its missing dependent DC's which i used in present DC were missing.

This sort of errors will come in that case only. Try to check the used DC's and import them.

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing.

Delete that DC and sofware comp from your local nwds and import the configuration again.

Try again like this.

If still it doesn't work, there may be problem while importing these DC's on to track.

Ask your basis team on import these dc's onto track again.

Regards,

Bala

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very useful discussion... follow this....

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Our basis team has resolved the issue and now when I have clicked on the specific DC and from the context Menu I have selected the "Create Project" option. A popup window appeared with lot of dependencies. Should I check all the components? Or do I need to check the few things that are necessary. Please let me know about this. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

Answers (0)