cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump while initializing planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm receving a strange error of the following type in our SCM 5.1 system.

Syntax error in program "/SAPAPO/SAPLOO_TS_PLOB"

This happens whenever I try to initialize my planning area. This error comes to all the newly created planning areas and whenever I load my data into the plannig table. I checked all possible route in SMP and have no clue as to why it is happening.

Can someone please help us out ?

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find appropriate patch/notes to rectify the syntax error in the program which is used to retrieve the data from the info cube, also ask your system admin about the last updated patch in your server.

thanks and regards

fahrudeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Please find appropriate patch/notes to rectify the syntax error in the program which is used to retrieve the data from the info cube, also ask your system admin about the last updated patch in your server.

> thanks and regards

> fahrudeen

Hi Fahrudeen,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Unfortunately, I tried my best to find out the appropriate SNOTE in Service Marketplace for the error, but none of them match.

Infact we are getting this error after updating our system with recent support pack. Do you have any idea about , how to reverse the support pack installed in the system?

Regards,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh.

2 things to try.

1. Activate the Planning Object Structure again without deactivating it (even though it may already be active).

2. Run a consistency check on the Planning Area time series (/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK)

Hope this helps, M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

try the consistency checks as suggested by percx.

What does your Dump say?

If you scroll down, it will refer to the code where it's dumping with the symbol ">>>>>>" beside the code that's dumping.

Click on it and it takes you to the function module code that dumped. Set a "user session break point" or any break point at that code and try running the initialization again. A debugger session session opens up and the code stops at your break point. Check the code at that point and see what it is referring to. You can also check the values being passed.

This usually gives pretty good clue on what's happening. Please paste the code where it's failing and I will try to help you.