cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem In sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We r developing a Scenario(proxy to jdbc). The thing is the messages r comin to Xi ,but it is

taking a long time for them to be executed. it shows a sort of black horizontal arrow, which means the process is in progress.

How to improve the performance?

any sort of help wld b appreciated..

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a sync sceanrio? If yes, then there is a possibility that the receiver system is providing delayed response. You may check this blog for performance improvement

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There seeems to be no problem in the performance of jdbc adapter.

the thing is as far as i know the messages are getting strored in the table SXMSPMAST .

and when the class cl_xms_persist_adm is reading from the above table , it is performing

sequential read operation , which is why the Messages are taking along time to get executed.

Kindly provide some help to solve the above issue.

Thanks,

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check in SXMB_ADMIN--->Persistence Layer. If the value is more than 80%, Probably you can start with switch delete procedure.Also check the tablespace PSAPSR3 in tcode DB02, it should be having some space to be used or contact your Basis guy.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we have checked everything suggested by u and found everything seems to b ok.

plz give some more inputs.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me which symbol exactly you are getting and what is its detail?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroninjer,

Please do the following in SMQR t-code:

1) Dergister the queues

2) Register the queues

3) Activation of queues

Wait for 5 minutes and then refresh it , hope it will work.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the statistics of SXMSPMAST? We had serious performance problems, because XI generated statistics based on the traffic at 4AM (which was nearly zero) and used them for full load at 10AM (ca. 20k/h). SAP recommends fixed statistics for SXMSPMAST, there is a SAP note for this issue where the statistics can be downloaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

the Thing is meassges are stored in table SXMSPMAST and when the class cl_xms_persist_adm

tries to read the messages from this table , its making a sequential read which is why it is taking

a long time. The symbol a black horizontal arrow which says the operation is in progress.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can u tell me Excatly how did u solve ur problem?

And which note did u refer to , we are also facing the same issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroninjer,

It's manly due to queues problem so whatever I suggested you may do the same , it will help you to resolve the problem. I have faced this type of problem many times.

The horizontal arrow which you are talking about refers to " scheduled for outbound processing"

I dont see any note for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have done the same suggested by u many times, but it seems 2 have no effect.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroninjer,

Can you do the following:

1) a) Derigister the queues

b) Register the queues

c) Activate the queues

d) Restart the message which are stuck up in sxmb_moni with " scheduled for outbound processing "

e) refresh the sxmb_moni screen, it will resolve the problem

If 1st option is not helping then ,

2) Please try to restart your J2EE Server , it may help you restart the messages successfully

If 2nd option is also not helping then

3) try to get the details of error code from your xml details in sxmb_moni, normally due to high volume of data sometimes J2EE engine becomes unstable so in that case please check the note no. 803145

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is at the JDBC receiver side.

It can be due to a high payload that is being passed to the adapter. Anyway, in the adapter -> Processing Tab Page -> Maximum Concurrency (try increasing the value)

Also there is an option for Batch Mode.

Further details - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

few reasons...

1. server not quicksized with the right hardware.

2. interface design aint designed correct.

3. the numbers of messages per hour is high.

4. Size of payload is high

There is no hard and fast rule to performance checks and a generic question would give you generic answers. ..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroninjer John ,

-

>How to improve the performance?

hope basis team would have run sgen already .

it depends upon server sizing also ....and on the type of the scenario also, hope you are not using bpm .

regards