cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation on MSSQL 2005 fails in task MS SQL Server Post Load Actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm trying to do a systemcopy of a CRM4 system based on Web AS 6.40 and installed on a 32-bit Windows 2003 server and MS SQL 2000. The target system is a 64-bit Windows 2003 and MS SQL Server 2005.

First I export the ABAP data from the source system and then the Java parts.

Then I copy the files to the new server and start the installation CI and it works fine. Then I install the Database instance and choose Standard System copy / Migration when I choose Database load.

The load of the database is completed successfully, but the Post load actions fails and I get the following error

MOS-01012 PROBLEM: 'D:\usr\sap\crd\SYS\exe\run/startsap name=CRD nr=61 SAPDIAHOST=sidsapm1tst' returned with '-1' which is not a defined as a success code.

If I check SAPMMC I can see that disp+work don't start and when I try to look in the traces file, I can't because the file does not exist.

The server I use has 15 characthers in the servername, but this should has been solved by using the solution provided in note 962955 ad 360515.

I have also entered the hostname and IP-numbers in the host file

There is absolutely nothing in any logs that give any hint on what the error might be. I have also tried to install a clean CI and Database instance, but the clean Database instance installation also fails in the same task.

Does anybody have any clue on might be wrong?

Regards

rollo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

Note 969699 - 6.20/6.40 Patch Collection Inst.: MS SQL Server

(ABAP): Named instances only: Error in script strdbs.cmd

The following is only valid, if in the screen "Defining the Location of the SAP System Instance Directories" you had chosen the option "Yes, locate executables on central instance host" (which is default on IA64).

The strdbs.cmd script which is used to automatically start the database that was created during the installation, does not work.

To solve the problem, modify this script located both on:

<CIHOST>\sapmnt\<SID>\sys\exe\<CHARSET>\<PLATFORM>, and

<CIHOST>\sapmnt\<SID>\sys\exe\run

so that it only contains the following lines:

ntscmgr start mssservicename -m computername

ntscmgr start agentservicename -m computername

whereas:

computername is the name of your database host (only computer name!);

mssservicename is 'mssqlserver', if you are using a default instance, or 'mssql$instancename', if you are using a named instance;

agentservicename is 'sqlserveragent', if you are using a default instance, or 'sqlagent$instancename', if you are using a named instance