cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error message when invoking web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

using the VC 7.1 EhP 1 NWDS I have created a model which invokes a web service as depicted [here|http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6523/modelxw7.png].

The web service takes a number of plain values and two lists as input.

When testing my model the web service is invoked successfully. The web service operates as expected and the stored information can be found using the service browser as expected.

However, on the web page the following error message is displayed:

Error in Connection : Column null does not exist

What does that mean and how can I get rid of it? Everything seems to work fine.

I have already remove the end point. That did not help. I have checked the mappings, they are fine.

What can I do?

Best regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Can you please let me know where do you sww this error message and when?

Thanks,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netanel,

when I debug my web service it seems as the error message is shown after the successful execution of the web service. However, the error message also appears when I remove the end point.

The error message is displayed at the very bottom of the web page that contains the button which invokes the web service.

Best regards

Alexander

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you get this error for all services or just for this specific service?

Is it your own service or a public one (on the Internet)?

Do you get the error also when you test the service (by right clicking it and choosing "Test Service")?

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get the error also when you test the service (by right clicking it and choosing "Test Service")?

No, i don't. The web service itself works fine.

Best regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried to reimport the web service to my VC model and re-created the mappings. Unfortunately, that did not help at all.

It appears that it has something to do with the list parameters. Although the web service is invoked and processed correctly when passing empty lists, the error message appears one time for every empty list.

What can I do about that? The error message prevents the dialog from being completed successfully.

Best regards

Alexander

Remark: In the VC 7.1 SP 5 browser version the same model worked just fine.

Edited by: Alexander Königs on Dec 11, 2008 1:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giving up question.

Best regards

Alexander