cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Receiver - Header Data does not update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have an Idoc receiver in a scenario where I send a Idoc from a file to the R/3 system. My config is all fine but the Idoc status in we19 shows red. My Header data for the idoc is incorrect. The idoc is WALREQ01. In my Message Mapping Im setting the SDNPOR, SDNPRT, SDNPRN, RCVPOR, RCVPRN to the correct values and the I activate the scenario but in we19 it still shows the incorrect idoc header. It does however change the idoc segment data, just not the header. Is there maybe some other place I have to set the Idoc header data?

Thanx,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Run the end to end scenario, not from WE19, then you will get the correct result.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im pretty new to sap, don't know all the terms yet.. How would I run a end to end scenario?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

In your File to IDoc scenario, you must be having file at the source end either in your File system or Network File system, Just place the file in the source directory mentioned in File Sender communication channel and activate everything in Integration Directory.

End to end means just Run the scenario in XI once, you will get appropriate Control data in we02.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh ok cool thanx but I've tried several idocs, redone my message mapping a couple of times each time only the segment data gets updated If I view it in we02 or we19 it still shows the same header data. The very first time I created the scenario I used constants for the header data just to see if the idoc reaches the R/3 system. It got the but with an "error" status so now the header data stays on that constants I set the first time. Im looking for a way to reset it or update the idoc header. Could not find anything so far.

Thanx,

Jan

Edited by: Jan de Lange on Dec 10, 2008 11:22 AM

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You mean to say you want to change the header data?

If yes you just need to change the value of constants mapped to Control Data in mapping.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what Im aiming for but if I change the constants it does not get changed when the idoc gets created, the header data was set the first time I ran the scenario but from there on it stayed on the constant values I set the first time even if I change the constant values. I definatly uses that message mapping because the segment data gets uodated in each attemp.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this

Open the receiver agreement and goto Edit mode and fill the Sender Service as XI Business System (default INTEGRATION_SERVER_<SID>) and in the receiver service your R3 Business system name in The Header Mapping.

Then it will work.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

From help.sap:

Apply Control Record Values from Payload
If you set the indicator, the conversion of communication parties to the IDoc partner is only possible for systems that are not logical systems.

If you do not set the indicator, all combinations of communication parties and services are handled as services without party.

If the IDoc XML structure contains a control record during outbound processing on the Integration Server, it is rejected and created again by the IDoc adapter. If you want to include additional values in the control record, set the indicator and provide an appropriate mapping for the values. See also: Fields of the IDoc Control Record

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/95244269625633e10000000a155106/content.htm

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my message mapping, the Idoc Header Data is constants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So... make sure you have selected 'Apply Control Record Values from Payload' option

in your receiver IDOC adapter.

Carlos

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you select the check box for apply control record from payload in receiver Idoc CC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the "Apply.." checkbox and tested it again but it still gives the incorrect header data.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In receiver Idoc CC, did you check the option adapter specific to take data from payload?

It is Apply Data from Payload exactly.

Thanks!

Edited by: Sudhir Tiwari on Dec 10, 2008 10:45 AM