cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Internet Explorer Script Error" - Several Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i'm totally new in Netweaver respectively the Developer Studio and Web Dynpro.

I do [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11001] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; tutorial for the SAP enhancement package 1 of SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1right now.

When I open the View of my Component in Web Dynpro (you may take a look at step 69 on page 14 in this tutorial) the following Internet Explorer Script Errors occur:

'wdp_show_menu' is undefined

'wdp_show_hide' is undefined

object expected

'MenuItem' is undefined

All of this messages show an URL-path to an html-file which i can open in the IE without any problems. just in the Developer Studio occur the errors.

And, furthermore, the "object expected"-error also occurs, when I want to drag and drop a button in my Components view in WebDynpro-perspective (you may look at step 93 in the tutorial).

Would be great, if somebody could give me a little help, because this is very important for me.

Greetings, Andreas

Edited by: Andreas Gr on Dec 10, 2008 10:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get this error in the view designer of NWDS when editing a view? If yes, then this is either a bug in the NWDS you are using or your installed IE is not compatible to the NWDS which uses the IE as its rendering engine.

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

In the meantime i could fix the

wdp_show_menu' is undefined

'wdp_show_hide' is undefined

'MenuItem' is undefined

problems, so i can click and drag and drop a button into the view without having any problems, but the 'object expected' error still occurs by opening the view of my component.

The button for example doesn't look like a button, it only displays the word 'button' and the red cross for missing images. I can work with it, but it doesn't look good at all.

Is this still the same bug or is this something different and i can fix it somehow ?

Btw: I installed the IE 6 again.

Regards, Andreas

Edited by: Andreas Gr on Dec 15, 2008 11:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of NWDS are you using? Where did you get it from? This looks more like a broken installation because such an error would not pass the output qualification of the IDE.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I it is a Trial Version of the SAP NetWeaver CE EHP1 Evaluation SP0.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

thanks for answering.

Yes, this 'object expected"-error shows up, when i'm clicking in the big editing area to edit the components of my UI.

After your reply, i installed the IE 7, but it still doesen't work.

Maybe it is a bug in the NWDS, what could i do if it is ?

And, can you imagine what the other error messages mean ?

Edited by: Andreas Gr on Dec 10, 2008 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IE 6.0 should be fine. If you are using IE 7.0 work in offline mode.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javascript errors in the preview area are always bugs. You should open an OSS message on component BC-DWB-WD-JAV.

Armin