cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table should be in editable mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to make the whole table in editable mode when i click on edit button how can we achieve this trough coding

can u suggest me how to do this

waiting for u r responses

Thanks & Regards,

Shilpa

Edited by: pasumarthi shilpa on Dec 10, 2008 10:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can create a value attribute for this of type"boolean" and bind the enabled property of the UIElements (which you have already created for the table column) to this valueattribute(This should be inside the valuenode to which the table is bound).

create one action and inside the action set the value of the boolean attribute to true.attach this action to a button.

I think this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need the total table should be in display mode initially when the application is started

when i click on edit button the total table should be in editable mode can u explain me in detaill

Regards,

Shilpa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create Table with InputFields as cell editor and bind the enable property of the input field with boolean attribute.

depends on requirement make this boolean attribute to true or false.

here true means you are able to edit.

thats it.

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

By default the UI element in the Table column will be TextView. You have to create table column with input field UI element to make it editable. [Right click onTable column and select "Insert Tablecell Editor"]. Bind it to the corresponding context attribute.

Take one boolean attribute in the context. Bind it to all the input fields "readonly" property. On click of Edit button make the boolean attribute false.Automatically all the cells in the table will become editable.

Regards,

VJR.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shilpa,

What are the cell's in table? ( input fields???)

Take a value attribute of type boolean and map it to the table readonly peoperty.

initially make it true so that table will be non editable.

in your button code, make it false so that I will become editable.?

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a table with cell editor as input fields and bind the readonly property to boolean type attribute. Set the readOnly property to true initially and on click of edit button make readOnly property to false.