cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for tasks based on Responsible Resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a requirement to search for all the tasks within cProjects based on the Responsible Resource field in cProjects. I am planning to design a custom Webdynpro application for this purpose. The requirement is that when i enter the user name of a person the entire list of tasks for which that user is the responsible resource is to be displayed.

Can anyone tell the related tables for this purpose? i want to know which table contains the Responsible Resource field. Also, i would like to know which tables are related to this functionality. If anyone can give me an idea to get me started, that would be great.

Best Regards,

Mazin

Edited by: mazin mahmood on Dec 10, 2008 2:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmood,

You've probably already figured this out, but you might want to look into DPR_ENTITY_LINK.This table lists role assignments to task. The fields that would be of interest to you are the following:

- Entity_GUID = Task GUID (system value)

- Participant_GUID (system value)

- Responsible (boolean) - part-guid is "responsible role"

- Concrete (boolean) - part-guid has "resource' (concrete role)

- Entity Type (of structure item)

Note, though, that this table will not have entries if there are no role assignments in your tasks. Since you're trying to identify responsible resources (concrete role), this won't be an issue when querying the table.

Good luck.

Lawrence

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for your response.

I used a function module which i found by working on the system. This returns a table of all projects worked upon by a person based on his user name.

DPR_API_MY_OBJ_MY_PROJECTS

Thanks anyway

Best Regards,

Mazin