cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultanous RFC call to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our scenario, we have a RFC call to R/3 which fails when the RFC call is sendt twice at the <b>same moment in time.</b> It seems that only one of the two calls is excecuted. Is this a known problem?

When XI sends the RFC call with some seconds between the two calls, everything is fine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the scenario is:

File->XI->RFC R/3->File->XI->Idoc R/3

The RFC calls are going to the R/3 exactly at the same time, I see the xml messages in the XI monitor. But only one of two expected Idocs are generated.

Remember, I get two Idocs when the files at the very first step above, are put in the directory with some time in between. When I put the files in the dir at the same time, I only get one Idoc.

Where can the fault be? Do I have to configure XI to pick these files up with some time in between? Is this a weaknes in the RFC?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rune,

Your RFC is writing files which you read again or what? You speaking now about File adapter, in every message of you the number of adapters is growing. Usually 2 adapters should be enough. If you have a complex scenario it is a good idea to describe it in common way.

How can you expect that somebody is able to help you if you don't have time to explain your scenario?

My advise: Think a little bit how to post your problem, open a new call and hope that someone else is helping you.

No regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is very complicated. Yes, there is an extra "loop", when the RFC abap genererates some files which XI then picks up again, but this time XI sends them as Idocs to R/3.

I only want to know if there should be problems when the RFC is called twice at the same time and the abap code is working on the same sales orders. Or should this be well handled by the R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant find any errors in the transactions you posted. But maybe the one of thw two RFC calls fails to generate Idoc because it is never executed beacuse the purchase order is already open by the first RFC call?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rune,

unfortunately you dont tell us details about your scenario. I suppose it is:

R/3 - RFC -> XI -> IDOC - R/3.

If not, plz correct me.

Plz control SM58, SM21 and ST22 for errors in sending R/3 system.

Plz check if there are two messages in XI / SXMB_MONI.

Plz check if you have errors in Runtime Workbench / Adapter Monitoring.

Plz check if there are two entries in transaction WE02 of receiving R/3 system.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error that you are seeing ?

you might want to check the "Maximum Connections" parameter in the Receiver RF channel...you can give a value upto 50...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is that the second expected Idoc does is not generated. It therefore seems that one of the two calls dont get excecuted.

The max con. is set to 20. Shouldnt that be enought?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rune,

RFC or IDOC?

Do you see errors in XI transactions SM58, SMQ2 or SXMB_MONI?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking about IDOCs, pls check in IDX5 whether the IDOCs are generated for both the cases...

Are you getting any error message in SXMB_MONI ?

Also check in transaction SM58 on the XI box and see if there are any erroneous entry there..

pls note that for an IDOC channel, there is no property called max connections.

Thanks,

Renjith

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rune,

Sorry, transaction <b>SMQ1</b>

Regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rune,

plz increase the number of maximal connections in the communication channnel.

Regards,

Udo