SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom up approach in FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How does bottom up approach works in FM? What steps are to be followed for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Can you specify your request?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Can you specify your request?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am doing budgeting at lower fund center. In the fund center master data, In hierarchy I have mentioned superior fund center.

FC Hierarchy will look like:

>Hieracrhy Variant : FM

>>Superior Fund Center : LOB

>>>>FC : LOB1

>>>>FC : LOB2

I am doing budgeting at LOB1-Rs. 5000 and LOB2 - Rs. 8000, so as per bottom up approach, would it show Rs. 13000/- for SFC - LOB???

That is in reports if I give SFC in selection parameters, would it show Rs. 13000/-... How would it work???

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

But this is not happening like that... When I input SFC in selection parameters in Report, it does not give any output. Am I missing any customization???

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

When you use bottom-up approach, the budget at supreme funds center is automatically shown as distributed budget, which means it is no longer available because it is aready distributed to other budget addresses, in your case LOB1 and LOB2. So, the question is what report and what key figure are you looking at. If you are looking at the key figure Distributed Budget, you will see it at your funds center LOB.

Thanks,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Can I see any report, where in selection parameter if I input Superior fund center, it would generate report for Fund Center attached to it (Budget, consumable, consumed, available). Like if we mention Fund Center Group , we get report for Fund centers attached to it.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I assume you are using BCS and the Report Painter reports. Unfortunitly, I just found, in our system, for some reason library 4FM disapeared. I have requested our BASIS people to recover the library and all the reports. And I will get back to you.

Here is documentation regarding rollup and distribution process (the first paragraph below the 'light bulb' explains when budget is entered at lower level, the high level node generates the distribution automatically):

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/44/1ab775d15d088ae10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ming !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti,

Just want to get back to you regarding BCS budget structure hierarchy and budget rollup and distribution functionality. Apparently they are not available with ECC 6.0 BCS. OSS note 888366 explains the missing functionality. It seems to me they become abailable starting from Enhancement Package 3 only (ECC 6.3).

We have been using Former Budgeting with the mentioned functionality. We are now in the middle of switching to BCS. We are trying to see whether we can live without the functionality. Or we will have to apply EHP3.

By the way, the hierarchical structure still exist for AVC control objects.

Regards,

Ming