cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Regarding Early Watch Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have certain queries regarding the Early Watch Report.

Our platform in Oracle 10g and OS is HP-UX.Please sombody help me with the following.

1.What is Early Watch report and why we use it?

2.How to configure Early watch report from Solution Manager for DEV and QUA and PRO server?

3.If we dont configure will SAP take it from the system by logging in to client 066(correct me if I am wrong).

I have read SAP notes 20722,917558,12103,371023 but cant really make out how to configure it for our servers via Solution Manager.

PS:Helpful suggestions will be obliged and rewarded.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Please check below answers for your queries:

1.What is Early Watch report and why we use it?

The SAP EarlyWatch Alert is a diagnosis service, for the solution monitoring of SAP and non-SAP systems in the SAP Solution ManagerThis process identifies potential problems early, avoids bottlenecks and monitors the performance of your systems. SAP EarlyWatch Alert monitors your most important business processes and systems.

2.How to configure Early watch report from Solution Manager for DEV and QUA and PRO server?

Prerequisites to configure the Early Watch Report:

You have:

· set up RFC connections between your satellite systems and the SAP Solution Manager system, and an RFC connection between the SAP Solution Manager and the SAP Service Marketplace.

· checked the availability of the required tools for the SAP service session (ST-A, ST-PI add-on), with the report RTCCTOOL.

· assigned the Solution Monitoring roles to the users.

· set up the Automatic Session Manager (ASM) in the Service Data Control Center (transaction: SDCCN) for all SAP satellite systems and the central SAP Solution Manager of your solution (SAP note 91488).

· set up your systems in a solution landscape in the SAP Solution Manager.

Configuration steps:

1. You configure the SAP EarlyWatch Alert scheduling in the SAP Solution Manager.

You have:

¡ scheduled the service sessions for your solution, in the SAP Solution Manager Solution Directory

Procedure:

1. Choose the transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER.

2. Choose the Solution Landscape tab in the Operations Setup area.

3. Choose the Solution Settings link.

You go to the Solution Directory.

Alternatively, you can also select a solution from the Overview of active solutions and go to the Solution Directory.

4. Select your solution.

5. You can also enter contact person data in the Contact Person tab.

Proceed as follows:

i. Choose Add Contact Person.

ii. Enter the required data.

iii. Save your entries.

§ The contact data appears in the Solution Monitoring sessions, e.g. in Set-Up Business Process Monitoringsapurl_link_0001_0004_0005.

6. Specify the settings for your solution, in the Solution Settings tab:

Ex: Day of SAP EarlyWatch Alert data download

At the end save your entries.

3.If we dont configure will SAP take it from the system by logging in to client 066?

Yes, SAP uses this client when running the Early Watch Check.

Hope it clears your doubt.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion.The note number 91488 you provided is valid only till 27.11.2008.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: ASHUTOSH SINGH on Dec 10, 2008 12:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 91488 is "valid since 27.11.2008". That means it is also valid now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh my mistake.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find everything you need to know about SAP Solution manager Early watch in this document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/2f/de3316e1fc425080f83c718bec41de/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Jazz